See all jobs in Chicago IL
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Senior Controls Engineer - Metals / Rolling Mill Applications
Cleveland, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, or Chicago, IL (Candidates can reside in any of these locations)
Commensurate with experience.
The The Senior Controls Engineer will be responsible for design of industrial controls solutions in the metals industry, or with other rolling mills applications for a growing industrial automation solutions provider known in the industry for their expertise in specifying, designing, and implementing open architecture industrial automation systems for a wide variety of industries with a specialty in metals (ferrous and non-ferrous).Projects deal with electrical power and motor control, PLC based control systems, HMI systems, and SCADA systems. Employees enjoy a work environment described as flexible and non-bureaucratic, both personally challenging and rewarding. The company offers a competitive compensation package including fully paid health insurance, fully vested retirement plan, and performance based profit sharing.
- 4 Year Undergrad Degree in EE/ME/ChE.
- Strong drive application and continuous process control experience, including experiencein the application and retrofitting of large variable speed drives.
- Ability to design, implement, and troubleshoot industrial process control systems involvingPLC programming and program troubleshooting, HMI applications (software and development), PID control loops, analog and digital controls of web process applications.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment with a multi-disciplined Engineering team, and be capable of managing multiple projects at one time.
- Familiarity with automation equipment and knowledge of PLC programming for Rockwell Automation/ Allen Bradley ControlLogix family.
- A deep understanding of metals processes: typically rolling mills, hot and cold, casters, cutoffs, levelers, paint lines, metal process lines in both ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Solid understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- The ability to effectively communicate recommendations and requirements to the customer.
- At least15 years of post-graduate industry experience in a metals facility or servicing one for a major electrical vendor.
- Design experience of electrical systems and power distribution for industrial processes.Familiarity with electrical motors and AC/DC circuits, knowledge of the NEC, commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electrical Engineering field.
- Experience with rolling mill models.
- Experience with furnaces and/or burners.
- Experience with industrial networks.
- Experience with other PLC platforms such as GE (formerly Fanuc), Siemens, Modicon and their proprietary networks.
- Experience with legacy systems from GE, Converteam, and other mill builders.
- Previous experience with an automation systems provider or major vendor.
Keywords: Industrial Automation Solutions Provider, PLC, SCADA, Metals, Metal Process Lines, Pickling Lines, Drive Systems, PID, HMI, Controls Engineer, Continuous Process Control, Automatic Gauge Control (AGC), Hydraulic Gap Control (HGC)
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.