See all jobs in East Moline IL
Job Location: East Moline, IL
Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nations largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering services needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for a Senior Electric Drives Systems Engineer on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will plan, coordinate, perform product design, testing and/or analysis work for a complete project of broad scope or for a significant portion or a sub-system of a major and diverse project. Operate in a team environment and may act as lead person, providing technical leadership and design solutions. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to other engineers and support personnel. Provide technical consultation and a knowledge base. Recognized as an expert across a product line.
- Execute the product development process to deliver production components and systems into vehicle EPDP programs while meeting budget, schedule, and quality metrics.
- Work with the platform engineers to define and develop the engineering requirements of electric drive systems for production programs.
- Design and select the electric drive components and systems including electric machines, power conversion electronics, and power harnesses.
- Work with platform engineers to integrate the electric drive system into the vehicle.
- This involves designing electric drive system interfaces and specifying the related vehicle systems.
- Develop appropriate system models representing the dynamics of the electric drive components, systems, vehicle interactions, and control algorithms.
- Commission new systems and vehicles, including troubleshooting vehicle system problems, making recommendations on software parameters, and giving technical guidance to product platforms.
- Contribute to identifying potential electric drive applications with differentiating value to customers with vehicle platforms.
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
- Bachelors Degree with emphasis on power conversion, electric machines, power electronics, electric drive control, and/or similar technologies and/or equivalent work experience.
- Solid understanding of electric drive components and systems with ability to design electric drive systems achieving vehicle program technical and financial goals in a production environment.
- User of lab equipment such as dynamometers, oscilloscopes, current sensors and other tools for design and debug of electric drives.
- Ability to generate product/system requirements documents of significant magnitude.
- Ability to pursue technical solutions in the conceptual realm, modeling realm, and hardware realm.
- 4+ years of product engineering experience.
- 3+ years of product design experience.
- 3+ years of technical experience relating to the design and development of electric drive systems.
- 2+ years of work experience in component development of electric machines, power electronics, connectors and conductors.
- Knowledge of vehicle systems interfacing with electric drives.
- Examples include diesel engines, gearboxes, vehicle controllers, hydraulic oil lubrication, and water-glycol cooling
- Advanced technical degree in the electric drive field Experience with vehicle platform engineering (examples include tractors, combines, planters, seeders, riding greens mowers).
- Strong practical experience in electric drive technology product application MATLAB/Simulink.
Submit your resume now!
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.