See all jobs in Baltimore MD
Job Location: Baltimore, MD
QUALITY CONTROL SUPERVISOR
Job Description: The Quality Controls Supervisor directly supervises quality inspectors and assists the QA Engineer, Program Manager, Design Engineer and Manufacturing Engineer in the introduction and sustaining of products in production.
The Quality Controls Supervisor may report to an executive or a manager.
- interviewing, hiring, training employees, appraising work performance,
- taking disciplinary actions with employees, problem resolution and
- generates inspection work instructions, processes and procedures
- represents the organization during first article inspections and customer reviews
- provides data analysis for statistical process control including root cause analysis
- teams with other supervisors and leads to ensure product requirements are met
- Hands-on inspection skills and sound knowledge of quality assurance principles
- Broad knowledge of electro-mechanical inspection methods and techniques
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a self directed manner within loosely defined situations
- Foster and maintain professional and productive relationships within organization
- Possess strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat programs
- Ability to lead and participate in organizational performance and goal setting
- Minimum 5-years experience leading QC, QA or manufacturing personnel
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in area of specialty
- 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to conceptualize, design, implement, manage and sustain critical processes
- Experience in audit activities pertaining to standards, procedures and practices.
- Working knowledge of ISO-9000 requirements, AS9100 experience a plus
- IPC-A-610 &/or J-STD-001 Certified Trainer preferred
- Familiarity with industry/regulatory standards including OSHA and Medical
- Knowledge of Engineering processes and terms
While performing these duties, the employee is required to sit, use hands, reach with hand and arm, and talk or hear. Employee may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.