Sr. Transmission LineEngineer
Locations: Atlanta GA, Newark NJ, Raleigh NC, Buffalo NY, Washington DC, Ann Arbor MI, Tampa FL, Dallas TX, and Augusta ME
Seeking an energetic Civil-StructuralEngineer who will be responsible for transmission and distribution line designs from the initial conceptual / feasibility study and cost estimating phase through detailed design, installation, and startup phases. This is a dynamic opportunity for a person willing to be flexible, wear multiple hats, and execute the technical needs of day-to-day projects.
You will perform work as well as help plan and direct the work of other engineers and designers engaged in delivering the design and installation of new and modified high and medium voltage transmission and distribution lines. The work will entail preparing high and medium voltage transmission and distribution line physical and routing drawings. This position will be engaged in the preparation of transmission and distribution line routing and design drawings, details, and bills of material as well as equipment procurement/fabrication, installation, and testing specifications, bid documents, bid evaluations, and subcontract management.
- Minimum 8 - 12 years experience, specifically in transmission line design with PLS-CADD / PLS-POLE
- BS degree inCivil, Structural, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience working in a consulting environment as the primary design engineer strongly preferred
- RegisteredPE License (or EIT and ability to obtain PE)
- Utility and/or consulting engineering firm experience is essential
- High voltage projects from 230kV - 500 kV
- PLS CADD, PLS-Pole, PLS-Tower, LPILE ; excellent proficiency in at least 1 of these
- Distribution Line experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
These tasks will include:
Responsibilities will involve engineering tasks associated with the design of high-voltage electrical transmission lines.
- Delivery of accurate and thorough designs that will meet industry standards and specifications, and meet good engineering practice with excellent constructability.
- Review of internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
- Resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
- Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to transmission line design and construction, including all completion packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Making and maintaining appropriate commitments to project teams and coordinating design activities with multi-disciplined project team members.
Salary: $DOE. Comprehensive benefits. Must be authorized to work in US.
PE License- FULL-TIME POSITION!
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.