See all jobs in Tampa FL
Job Location: Tampa, FL
SR. PROJECT MANAGER
Location: Tampa, FL
Theproject is primarily software development following Waterfall methodologies so the person should have extensive experience managingsoftware development projects. Project Manager leads and drives the work of the project team members for large complex ensuring deadlines are met. This person must have excellent experience working with and presenting to C Level Executives.Must be articulate, thought leader who has great ideas and vision.
No Third Parties; Local Candidates Preferred
- Consistent leadership qualities surrounding conflict management, influencing others, personal accountability for project performance should be observed by project sponsor.
- Acts as a technical and professional leader, providing guidance, direction and training to their team and other project team members as necessary.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Manages all project related activitieson a daily basis and has responsibility for execution and final delivery and release of the product.
- Ensures deadlines are met by participating in resource planning, effectively planning, organizing, prioritizing, and delegating assignments to project team members and following up on their individual progress.
- Conducts regular project status/quality meetings and reports.
- Keeps management and key stakeholders well informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment.
- Develops project metrics and facilitates projectscorecard development and progress.
- Develops and manages project schedules status, resources, deliverables, issues, and timelines throughout the project with input from the application managers, business partners and project team. Identifies major project risks and action plans, and escalates as required to appropriate level of management.
- Facilitates communication and negotiation within and across the project team(s).
- Works closely with Product Manager to define and manage business partner requirements.
- Provides input to ensureadequate project staffing and resource management.
- Create the work breakdown structurewith the team using appropriate tools and techniques in order to develop the schedule, resource, and quality.
- Responsible for assuring team completes estimation process for project resources.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in understanding of Project Management principles,methods and techniques. Proficient analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Solid documentation, organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
- 2 to 3 years of Waterfall Project Management experience
- PMP Preferred
- Must have large budget experience, from large matrixed environments.
- SOW process experience.
- Workflow automation experience is a plus
- Healthcareexperience is highly preferred
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.