Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
- Lead project teams in the preparation of electrical engineering designs including preparation of proposals,design coordination, schedule reporting, budget reporting and briefing senior staff.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed estimates, design criteria for new construction of electrical projects anddesigns for the alteration of existing structures and utility systems. Review criteria including tolerances,dimensions, shapes and sizes, and determines the properties required in materials and feasible constructionmethods.
- Development of preliminary conceptual design work and planning for Capital Projects and Major WorkPrograms. Provide the Client Department with design alternatives and associated cost, for future planning andfunding of projects.
- Preparation of Contract Documents consisting of drawings, technical specifications, construction costestimates, and purchase orders. Produce biddable and constructible Contract Documents to meet therequirements of the Client Department within time schedules and budgets.
- Instructs consultants, lower level engineers and CAD personnel in the preparation of engineering drawings.Reviews the writing of specifications for material, equipment and construction methods and standardsInvestigates and makes recommendations on the type, terms and conditions of construction contracts.
- Material specifications and incorporates improvements in final contracts.
- Answers questions of bidders regarding contract provisions.
- Estimates material, equipment and labor requirements and the cost of construction and major maintenancework.
- Performs engineering design, including technical analysis and associated economic studies and makerecommendations. Ensure technical integrity, safety, efficient operation, maintainability and sound economicsof the projects.
- Ensures that projects are coordinated with other disciplines, Line Department facilities and outside entities(manufacturer's representatives, utilities consulting engineers and contractors). Minimize disruption of normalfacility operations.
- Preparation of scope of work and design criteria for all projects involving consultants. Audit consultant's designand progress. Ensure that consultant's design conforms to scope of work, codes, P.A. standards and cost iskept within budget. Provide technical assistance to facilities. Ensure safe and reliable operation of facilities.
- Maintain knowledge of State-of-the-Art technology and equipment such as power distribution systems,microprocessor based control systems, specialized systems such as Lighting, Fire, Security, UPS, variablespeed drives, fiber optics, etc.
- Ensure that P.A. facilities are designed in accordance with the most advance technology available.
- Participate in field commissioning, testing including startup and troubleshooting of Electrical/Electronicsystems. Ensure technical integrity, contract compliance safety, efficient operation, maintainability, andminimum downtime of the systems.
- Provide effective guidance and supervision to assigned professional and technical staff. Review staff,implement development plans, and provide or arrange training of assigned staff.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of Eight (8) years experience in professional engineering work with principal experience inelectrical systems design and specification writing for commercial and industrial facilities.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of New York or New Jersey
- Prior experience supervising professional and technical staff.
- Demonstrated and working knowledge of electrical codes and standards.
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and prioritize multiple assignments with multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, negotiations and conflict resolution skills to effectively reach sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Experience in electrical systems design, substation design, underground power distribution systems, high and low voltage power distribution systems, electric motors and controls, lighting and communication systems.
- Proficiency in performing electrical calculations such as equipment sizing, short circuit and coordination studies, voltage drop, load studies, etc.
- Proficiency in preparing contract drawings such as power distribution one-lines, riser and interconnection diagrams, equipment layouts, plans, sections, details, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and prioritize as required. Proficient in the use of software applications, such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.