See all jobs in Toledo OH
Job Location: Toledo, OH
Summary: This position is responsible to research, design and test mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and direct and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation and repair of products and systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals, to determine feasibility of designs.
- Perform tolerance stack ups, loading calculations and hydraulic oil displacement analysis.
- Perform stress/strain calculations, shear, torsional and vibration analysis.
- Design products or systems such as instruments, controls, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic or heat transfer systems.
- Plan and lead engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
- Direct fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design, safety requirements and customer specifications.
- Coordinate operation, maintenance and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Design products and systems to interface with machines; hardware and software.
- Evaluate field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Interface with other departments including manufacturing, sales, sourcing, product support, and accounting.
- Create and edit operation and service manuals for products.
- Responsible for BOM in INFOR system.
- Coordinate prototype activities.
- Provide work direction to interns
- Lead projects and provide direction to interns, designers and other engineers to accomplish project goals
- 5-10% travel required
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering Major
- At least 5 years experience working as an Engineer
- Ability to travel is required when needed to test and troubleshoot units in the field
- Advanced understanding of engineering principles of design; ability to be forward-thinking with design concepts
- Familiarity of stress and load analysis
- Ability to work well with others and lead a team of engineers and designers
- Prior experience with and ability to perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Ability to understand and perform structural computations
- Working knowledge of Computer Aided Design Software- SolidWorks and/or CATIA, Finite Element Analysis, Outlook, Internet, Manufacturing, Spreadsheet and Word processing software.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.