See all jobs in Edgewood MD
Job Location: Edgewood, MD
Location: Edgewood, MD
Education: Masters Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, or Computer Science
Experience: 10+ years general experience and 6+ years relevant professional experience
Systems Engineering Responsibilities:
- Prior experience supporting CBRN or CBRNE functionsis critical.
- Serve as the lead software systems engineer, managing the Systems Integration Lab (SIL) being used to evaluate potential Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear (CBRN) equipment for the Common Analytical Laboratory System (CALS) variants.
- Evaluate analytical instrumentation software for interoperability and common data formats.
- Subject Matter Expert for analytical component evaluation of the CALS.
- Evaluate the practicality of potential CALS analytical equipment modules proposed.
- Perform evaluations of CBRN equipment combinations proposed as CALS variants and prepare white papers and position papers to explain the pros and cons of each combination.
- Review draft design concepts for networking and data management for the CALS.
- Provide engineering and acquisition support for Mobile Laboratory Systems, to include developing system requirements, acquisition documents, an APB schedule, WBS elements, and briefings.
- Evaluate the performance of components being used on fielded Mobile Lab Team equipment.
- Support planning for continued development of the CBRNE Unmanned Ground Vehicleby providing technical expertise to facilitate decision making.
- Plan and execute the annual CBRNE COTS Modernization Process with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate, attend, and facilitate the total package fielding of CBRNE COTS equipment for the NGB CBRNE Dismounted Reconnaissance capability.
- Execute training and the procurement and fielding of equipment for CBRNE working groups.
- Troubleshoot failing components on existing fielded equipment and propose equivalencies.
Project Management/PMO Responsibilities:
- Prior experience managing the R&D or product development process in a defense environment is critical. Proven ability to keep everyone moving forward together.
- Provide program and strategic planning for major milestone acquisition programs, including development of sustainment strategies and project plans.
- Serve as Integrated Product Team (IPT)coordinator for all programs of record to ensure major milestone decision data is being developed, approved, tracked, and archived. In this role you will plan & conduct meetings, document updates, and follow-up to facilitate the flow of information to leadership.
- Provide technical briefings and reports concerning risk identification and mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate and conduct project meetings (i.e., Joint User Working Group and IPTs) with all stakeholders.
Requirements Analysis Responsibilities:
- Prior experience in a product development or R&D role is critical.
- Prepare draft technical and performance specifications for Mobile Lab Team contracts.
- Conduct stakeholder and user meetings in support of the Mobile Laboratory Systems program.
- Evaluate user requirements based on the draft and/or final CDD. Evaluate requirements provided by users and other stakeholders for practicality.
- Draft reporting requirements for technical data packages at various levels for new contracts.
- Prepare PWSs, market research reports, and ICEs in support of contract awards.
- Schedule and coordinate the review of each document package required for the next major milestone (e.g., LCMP, SEP, TES, TEMP, etc.).
- Coordinate programmatic schedules and provide requirements for equipment deliverables.
- Coordinateand conduct analyses and assessments, collecting and providing input to physical programs Needs and Priorities Capability Gap Assessments
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.