See all jobs in Philadelphia PA
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Research Associate - Discovery will:
- With guidance and supervision from the group leader or supervisor, participate in design and execution of high-level molecular biology and protein based assays.
- Implement new assays or optimize existing assays based on in-depth knowledge of basic laboratory techniques.
- Participate in sample management activities such as receiving, processing, storage and shipping clinical and preclinical samples.
- Work with senior staff to ensure the availability of adequate laboratory materials and qualify new reagents, as needed.
- Maintain accurate, timely and detailed records of work.
- Utilize advanced molecular biology and immunology based techniques to improve the delivery and the efficacy of gene therapy vectors
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot experiments, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues, to reach project goals in a fast-paced research environment, with a focus on flexibility and ability to multitask
- Communicate research and development findings with the other scientists in the team
- Keep detailed records of scientific findings and accurate inventory of materials and reagents
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to change order of priorities per company evolving needs
- Ability to work independently after initial training as well as being part of a team
- Possess self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Excellent organizational, communication and collaborations skills
- Keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies. Familiarity of Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) a plus.
- BA/BS in biological sciences required
- Generally has 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Extensive hands on experience in cloning and molecular biology
- Hands on experience with PCR and QT-PCR
- Experience with gene therapy vectors is a plus
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing is a plus
- Experience with ELISA and other immuno-assays is preferred
- Experience with cell culture and aseptic techniques is preferred
WHO WE ARE:
Transforming Patients Lives. Spark Therapeutics is a pioneering gene therapy leader transforming the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. We are embarking on our goal to deliver the first approved gene therapy product in the US for genetic blinding conditions and have a product pipeline addressing other unmet rare genetic diseases. We have an entrepreneurial culture and are looking for talented and passionate professionals who are committed and motivated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking for a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity, scientific innovation and team collaboration, you may be a great fit for our team.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.