See all jobs in Toledo OH
Job Location: Toledo, OH
RM Schulte and Associates, one of the automotive industries leading search firms has been selected to lead a search in theToledo, OHarea for aManufacturing Engineer.Provide technical support for production and tooling design and fabrication which include mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic engineering disciplines. Assist in problem solving on the shop floor for production and tooling fabrication, while working with shop floor personnel that would include mechanical and hydraulic press operators, welders, metal spinners, polishers, machinists, tool designers and CAD/CAM engineers .
Scope of Position
- Design Solid Works models for tooling to make parts on hydraulic and mechanical presses. Specifically, AP&T deep draw 275 ton and 440 ton machines. Komatsus 80 ton and 200 ton mechanical presses for stamping, embossing, and piercing, and blanking.
- Trouble shoot problem areas with the AP&T and Komatsu machines to keep production running and for new design of new parts.
- Collaborate with Plant Manager and peers to determine key goals and objectives.
- Improve manufacturing processes including equipment technologies and capabilities
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop detailed procurement, manufacturing, quality, and support plans.
Mandatory Experience & Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum of five years experience in problem solving and designing of tooling for hydraulic and mechanical presses.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Manufacturing and minimum 5+ years of experience of CAD/CAM operation in MasterCAM level 3 and SolidWorks or similar software.
- Solid understanding of machining processes applied to cutting steels, stainless steels, and tool steels, in both soft and hard conditions.
- Firm understanding of GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing), both reading and detailing of drawings.
- Strong understanding of cutting tools, including: substrates, coatings, chip breakers, tool holding, and use of.
- Must be able to put together time and material estimates for machining projects, tooling and production machining.
- Ability to manage tooling projects including; planning of tool design, CAD / CAM scheduling, material procurement while working with purchasing staff.
- MUST HAVE strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills that would allow the successful candidate to contribute in a team environment to accomplish the goals of the team supporting the overall company goals.
- Experience designing and or producing;
- Sheet metal products and or assemblies
- Tooling for forming sheet metal
- Fixtures for either machining parts or welding up assemblies
- Strong business acumen, with an understanding of financial and managerial accounting
- Six Sigma certified; GB, BB or MBB
- Solidworks Certified
- CNC Machining Certificates from a school or from a machine tool manufacture, such as HAAS, Mazak, Hurcoor other.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.