See all jobs in Waterloo IA
Job Location: Waterloo, IA
Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nations largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering services needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for a Mechanical Designer/Drafter on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will work with product engineers to determine test requirements for steel components, hydraulics, electrical, etc. You will apply your knowledge of basic engineering principles, utilizing our support staff to take our projects from concept to build. We seek team oriented, creative people to excel in a demanding, fast paced, rewarding environment.
- Take tasks as assigned and utilize all resources available to direct the flow of the project from concept to end.
- Allocate work to offsite resources; drawing support and engineering support to include all drafting requirements and design support as necessary.
- Schedule and attend meetings with all critical players to meet objectives to include vendors, supply management, dimensional management experts, company engineers and managers as appropriate.
- Schedule design and concept reviews as needed and with appropriate personnel.
- Ability to manage more than one project at a time.
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
- GD&T application.
- Material strength and selection.
- Tolerance stack up.
- Drawing review.
- Apply basic engineering and design principles to components.
- Application of welds.
- BOM Development and management.
- Critical to success: Design parts that are manufactured.
- 2-year Engineering Degree.
- 2-3 years Engineering or Design Experience.
- Communication skills: Must be able to ask the right questions.
- Solid CREO experience (or similar solid modeling program).
- Project management skills and knowledge of the tools to accomplish goals.
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!
- Surfacing experience.
- Top level assembly and castings.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.