SUNRISE RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT CENTER OVERVIEW: (www.sunrisertc.com)POSITION SUMMARY:
We founded Sunrise Residential Treatment Center on the belief that each girl we meet is unique. Your daughter has her own experiences and talents, her own relationships, and her own struggles. To best meet her needs, our residential treatment program focuses on a customized approach to healing.
By combining the best features of a boarding school, treatment facility, and transition program, we give our students the support they need to overcome emotional or behavioral struggles that can keep them from living fulfilling lives and having healthy family relationships.
Sunrises unique, all-in-one treatment allows many girls to complete all phases of their healing process in a single program. Our length of stay tends to be shorter than many other residential treatment centers because we individualize each girls treatment plan and maintain a small community for our girls.
Responsible to care for medical emergencies and for the general medical needs of the students. Responsible for duties as needed and assigned by the Nurse Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to reports of pain or sickness as they arise and assess the student.
- Determine when a student is to be placed on sick bed due to illness or pain.
- Accompany students to medical appointments, communicate findings to the students parents and to the Nursing Manager.
- Check the vital signs and weight of students as assigned.
- Accurately disperse student medications and make record in the Medication Administration Record.
- Train shift supervisors in the disbursement of medication.
- Do quarterly trainings for staff and students on medication.
- Count and track narcotics
- Monitor students in regard to mood, behavior and affect, and then chart the findings. (Particularly when a student is starting a new medication.)
- Correlate lab draws for the students.
- Communicate any pertinent medical information to the Treatment Team and the Psychiatrist either verbally or in written form.
- Schedule appointments for psychiatric care, medical appointments, physical exams and immunization updates.
- Document, communicate and implement physicians orders
- Accurately arrange medication for home passes and discharges.
- Pick up medication from pharmacy as needed.
- Monitor for accurate documentation and administration of medications.
- Perform nursing assessment within the first 7 days of new admissions.
- Monitor and order medical supplies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard medical terminology and technique.
- Knowledge of legal charting procedure and requirements.
- Knowledge of medications and of Sunrises procedure for medication administration.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices.
- Skill in using nursing tools and equipment (e.g., needles, thermometers, diagnostic tests, stethoscope, blood pressure cuffs, etc.)
- Skill in assessing the physical condition of the students.
- Skill in communicating medical situations accurately to students, parents, and co-workers.
- Ability to use word processing software and to navigate the local network.
- Ability to check vital signs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The position requires a nursing license (RN or LPN), a driver license, and current CPR certification. Nursing experience is preferred but not required.
If you know of someone who would be interested in this position, please contact Vanessa Leach, HR Manager email@example.com at 435-574-9508
If interested in learning more, please submit a resume at www.innerchange.com/careers
InnerChange is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.