See all jobs in Cleveland OH
Job Location: Cleveland, OH
Director of Engineering
Commensurate with experience.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for designing and implementing wastewater / renewable energy systems utilizing anaerobic digester technology to convert waste into energy. The incumbent will plan and direct all projects, and oversee construction and testing in order to complete projects to established timelines and budgets. People who enjoy variety in their work duties, and working in an apolitical environment where they can incorporate their ideas quickly and make a difference in the area of renewable energy / sustainability would thrive in this role.
- Collaboration/Project Management-working closely with Project Development to ensure projects are timely and within budget. Working with stakeholders to discuss project specifications and keeping team updated on progress. (35% of time will be spent in this area)
- Analytically focused-reviewing and revising designs, proposing resources needs and contributing on feasibility of projects. (30% of time will be spent in this area)
- Leadership- leading a team of 5-10 engineers to ensure projects are onboaded properly and successfully. (20% of time will be spent in this area)
- Administrative-administrative paperwork, report writing, budget management. (10% of time will be spent in this area)
- Mentoring-developing favorable competencies in engineers to ready them for career advancement. (5% of time will be spent in this area)
- Professional Engineer license (does not need to be in the state of OH); OR PE license in progress (e.g., EIT).
- Technical Capacity-must have a basic understanding of AutoCAD (preferably recent experience using AutoCAD).
- Wastewater experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.Good written communication skills.
- Prior experience in a management role over seeing at least 5 direct reports. Indirect management experience (e.g., Team Leadership) may also be considered.
- Industrial design experience.
- Experience putting together construction documents.
- Experience writing specifications.
- Experience with Boiler and CHP systems.
- Ability to perform thermodynamic calculations.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering.
- Anaerobic Digestion experience
- Experience with small or startup like business environments
- Experience with Solidworks software
Keywords: Director of Engineering, Wastewater Applications,Combined heat and power (CHP) systems,Anaerobic Digestion Technology, Professional Engineer, PE, EIT, AutoCAD, Solidworks
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.