See all jobs in King Of Prussia PA
Job Location: King Of Prussia, PA
Manager TransmissionLine Engineering
We are looking for a licensed Professional Engineer to help lead and manage the transmission line engineering division of a consulting services firm based in King of Prussia, PA. This management level position combines consulting, utility experience, business development skills, and industry contacts all within a strong technical foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimum 10 years of engineering design experience with an emphasis on transmission line design
- Consulting experience with power clients and electric utility projects
- Proven relationships with clients and a successful track record in business development including marketing of consulting services, developing project estimates, proposal preparation and client development
- Ability to build, lead and manage a team performing all aspects of design for high voltage and EHV transmission line projects
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of key staff for the transmission design team
- Act as the lead and mentor for the transmission team, identifying emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value and quality service
- Actively collaborate with colleagues in the industry to make certain the company is providing maximum benefit to our clients
- Meet financial targets, overall project budgets and schedules, client satisfaction/expectations and contractual requirements
- Assist the COO in the development of standard operating procedures
- Bachelors degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program
- Maintain one or more active Professional Engineers License(s), preferably in various states (PA, DE, MD, DC, NJ, IL and NY)
- Minimum 10 years of transmission line design experience with 5 or more years related to project management
- Familiarity with design codes and standards such as NESC, IEC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, IBC, ASCE 7, AISC and ACI 318
- Proficient use of PLS-CADD, PLS POLE and PLS TOWER
- Previous experience in a leadership position providing oversight to engineering related design activities for transmission projects that includes, but is not limited to, line routing, structure spotting, structural analysis and design, foundation design, insulator and hardware selection, conductor and shield wire selection, material specification and technical support for construction.
- Strong project management skills and experience with managing transmission projects, interfacing with state and federal regulators, providing technical oversight and providing expert testimony
- Field construction experience
- Possess strong written/verbal communications
- Ability and willingness to travel to various client and work sites throughout the mid-Atlantic region as required
- Proven client development skills and relationships
Must be authorized to work in US.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.