See all jobs in Natick MA
Job Location: Natick, MA
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer - HVAC
Location: Natick, MA
This is an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer, to work in an R&D group of a company that has a game changing technology within the Clean Tech industry.
A well-established start-up in the HVAC industry has a solution for efficiency and indoor air quality.
The ideal candidate will have Product Development experience / knowledge of design in the areas of air handling, Air quality, electromechanical systems, and automatic control systems.
This individual will have an opportunity to play a key role on the companys R&D team in the development of new HVAC add on products aimed at commercial, industrial, military, transportation, home and personal use.
They will own the Solidworks process on the mechanical engineering portion of the development process. Their specific responsibilities will include product testing, prepare robust documentation, prototyping, debugging, system performance qualification, and Identify areas of product improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, electromechanical, or process engineering
- 3+ years of relevant experience in R&D environment
- 2+ year working with Solidworks and/or related modeling tools
- Ability to design, create test methods, platforms, and analyze collected testing data
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and designs.
- Experience and with sheet metal fabrication and plastic injection molding a plus
- Full responsibilty on system mechanical design and changes.
- Support all R&D activities by preparing standard operating procedures, lab test, component
and product quality assurance.
- Maintain and analyze testing results, commissioning reports to support product improvements.
- Design and implement test platforms for different system components, or to
evaluate design modifications on the overall product performance.
- Develop, document and build prototypes
- Utilize CAD Software to document prototypes and test fixtures
- Operate test fixtures to support engineering test plans
- Identify product defects, areas of product improvements, and provide solutions
- Gather and organize data to support investigations and engineering conclusions
- Rework and/or repair equipment and products as necessary
- Create and modify CAD/SolidWorks drawings and models
- Work closely with the Software development, Sourcing, Mechanical design, and Commissioning teams
- Provide installation, commissioning, Production, and customer support as needed
- Work with vendors and Sourcing to ensure the manufacturablilty of mechanical assemblies
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.