See all jobs in Madison OH
Job Location: Madison, OH
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
Commensurate with experience.
Reporting to the Company President of a $25MM specialty chemicals company known as an innovator in their industry for more than 100 years, the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager willassist in assuring that the company is in compliance with all federal, state and local environmental, safety, and other applicable regulations. Employees enjoy working in a company culture known for promoting high ethical standards, work-family balance, and maintaining a constant focus on quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
- Champion Safety and Management policies: Develop safety procedures and job descriptions. Lead Safety committee. Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental requirements. Identify training needs and requirements. Provide safety training by conducting or facilitating that training, including DOT, shipping, vender and new employee. (45% of time will be spent in this area.)
- Regulatory Reporting, compliance and permitting: Prepare and submit EPA, OSHA, and DOT reports. Ensure compliance with DOT, EPA, OSHA and any other regulatory or government body. File for permits and DOT registrations. Manage and report waste removal. Primary contact for incoming regulatory personnel. (20% of time will be spent in this area.)
- SDS and Label Oversight: Maintain hard copies and file copies of Raw Material SDSs. Develop and Maintain all Finished good SDSs and submit to ChemTrecReview. Create new SDSs for new products or products with formula changes. Ensure company labels and SDSs are current. (30% of time will be spent in this area.)
- Facilitate Workers Comp: Investigate accidents or incidents. Work with outside consultant to handle claims. Work with BWC on best practices. Manage programs such as light duty. (5% of time will be spent in this area.)
- 4 year degree; Or 5-10 years in EH&S role
- Current Regulatory reporting experience
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning and keeping abreast of code/compliance changes.
- Ability to comply with rules, coupled with sense of how to apply rules in a business-oriented matter.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in SDS writing and editing
- BS degree preferably in Chemistry, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science.
- Lean Six Sigma experience
- Experience in giving training
- Experience in the chemical industry
Keywords: Environmental Health and Safety, EHS, Chemical Manufacturing, OSHA, SERC (State Emergency Response Commission), EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), CERCLA (Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act), Clear Water Act
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.