Provide general supervision of all freight planning and dispatch operations, including functional processes within the department. Primary responsibility is to maintain a properly staffed and trained department that supports the business, by offering the highest levels of logistics support.
The Operations Manager accountabilities include:
- Oversee daily operations of freight coordinators and dispatchers.
- Direct and motivate team members.
- Responsible for compliance and knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations.
- Maintain positive and encouraging working relations with all drivers and ensure their retention.
- Facilitate communication with team members and management.
- Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and knowledgeable work force.
- Provide weekly facility performance reports.
- Enforce company policies and issue coaching/disciplinary documentation to team members.
- Work to resolve load quality or product issues.
- Provide additional assistance with projects and other items to be assigned periodically.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- 3 5 years of experience in all facets of transportation.
- Preferred experience with MS Office; knowledge of transportation routing program and transportation system is helpful.
- Experience managing drivers, training, motivating team members, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of Hours of Service and other FMCSA rules and regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Strong supervisory, analytical and communication skills.
- Understanding of dispatch issues and procedures.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.