See all jobs in Fort Wayne IN
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
GENERAL DESCRIPTION |
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for research, design, development, testing, installation, and modification of operational machinery, electrical control equipment, electrical circuitry, and components.
- Provide electronic, electrical, and mechanical support to assist production with keeping production equipment and machinery running.
- Analyze throughput on machinery and make recommendations on how to improve efficiency.
- Identify and implement improvements for quality, cost, and uptime.
- Assist maintenance in troubleshooting equipment and train engineering techs and maintenance techs on new equipment installations.
- Evaluates the condition of equipment and makes recommendations on refurbishing systems or components.
- Recommend the purchase of key spare electrical, electronics or mechanical parts.
- Coordinate project installations with maintenance and contractors.
- Develop and edit electrical and mechanical schematics.
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 3 years experience supporting manufacturing control systems
- Experience with Fanuc CNC and Allen Bradley PLC controls
- Experience with Fanuc and ABB Robotics including troubleshooting, programming, and integration
- Knowledge of vision systems, specifically Cognex
- Design and specify control systems for manufacturing equipment
- Strong working knowledge of electrical and safety standards
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve equipment problems
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment
- Willingness to be available to respond and answer after hour calls for troubleshooting
- Ability to successfully operate in a team-based environment or individually as needed
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.