Huitt-Zollars' Houston, TX office has an immediate opportunity for a Texas licensed Electrical Engineer, P.E. to produce and manage electrical design for commercial development projects including high-rise residential building renovations, transportation service centers, federal and state buildings.
- Produce delectrical designs of new construction and renovation projects within code
- Researches building codes and standards to determine essential design requirements of the projects
- Conduct condition assessments of existing electrical systems
- Coordinate with power companies for new electrical service
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Huitt-Zollars staff, utility representatives, contractors, consultants and clients
- Prepare scope and budget for electrical assignments
- Performs electrical system planning including electric distribution layouts, specifications of wiring systems and analysis of loads
- Provides technical assistance to other disciplines and offices within the Huitt-Zollars organization
- Calculates lighting illumination levels and designs lighting layouts for both interior and exterior lighting projects
- Perform electrical studies including voltage drop/dip, short circuit and over current coordination studie
- Prepare electrical construction specifications
- Experienced designing lighting and lighting control systems, power distribution, fire alarm and standby generator systems
- Texas P.E. required
- LEED AP a plus
- Project Management Experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of electrical design, building industry codes and standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long/short-term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP.
Please apply online at: http://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: H102
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company will make reasonable accommodations to assist in the application process upon the request of an applicant. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for discriminatory purposes.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 60-300.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
, Huitt-Zollars Houston, TX office has an immediate opportunity for a Texas licensed Electrical Engineer, P.E. to produce and manage electrical design for commercial development projects including high-rise residential building renovations, transporta
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.