See all jobs in Farmington MI
Job Location: Farmington, MI
Systems Engineer - Brake Controls
Summary of the Systems Engineer - Brake Controls:
We are looking for a Systems Engineer (Brake Controls) for one of our clients,a developer andsupplier of advanced vehicle safety systems. this client is workingwith the latest and greatest innovations in the automotive field such as active safety, brake-by-wire, brake controls and automated driving. In this position you will be responsible for theintegration of Mechanical, Electrical and Software systems.If you have experience withMechanical, Electrical and SW development process along with the knowledge of development and verification ofsystem andsystem component specification, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Systems Engineer - Brake Controls:
- Develop and maintain System specification and system component specification for multiple projects.\
- Work on specificationsbased on SysML diagrams, interfaced with system level requirements and HW component specifications
- Identify, develop, and review the requirement ans follow theSystem Based Architecture Design to allocate therequirements to theappropriate HW and SW Component.
- Create and maintain requirement traceability between system design, HW/SW components, and testing
- Organize the requirements structure in Requirements and Architecture Tools.
- Work on system safety analysis using FMEA and FTA methods.
- Participate in HW metrics activities compliant to Safety standards.
- Maintain consistency between platform content and applications.
- Track and maintain issue status for HW/SW interactions
- Plan andorganize the elicitation of requirements from external and internal customers with regard Active Safety Systems
- Work with cross functional teams to supportsystem engineering process definitions,requirements and architectures
Qualifications of the Systems Engineer - Brake Controls:
- BS in EE/CE/CS, ME preferred
- 3+ years of experience inSystems engineering orsystem development
- Experience in Embedded electronics development, preferably withsafety products
- Braking systems experience is a plus
- Knowledge ofSystem Modeling (SysML, SFMEA, etc.)and Functional Analysis Methods is a plus
- Knowledge of developing requirements using PC level tools (DOORS)
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, component specifications andhigh level SW models and code
- Experience withFMEA / FTAS
Compensation of the Systems Engineer - Brake Controls:
Salary Range: $85,000-105,000/year, based on experience
Location: Detroit Area MI
Travel: As requierd
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship:H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful: "Braking Systems", "Systems Engineer",specification, requirements,SysML,, "System Based Architecture Design", FMEA, FTA, "Embedded electronics development", "System Modeling", "Functional Analysis"
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.