See all jobs in Gainesville GA
Job Location: Gainesville, GA
PLC Controls Engineer / Electrician
Our client is looking for a PLC Controls Engineer with electrical wiring experience for their plant in Gainesville, GA. This is an industrial manufacturing plant where a lot of time is spent on the shop floor. Great company, good benefits and opportunities for advancement.
- 2+ years of PLC Programming experience
- 5+ years of Electrical experience
- 5+years of Industrial Maintenance environment experience
- Ability to work off shift as needed.
- Experience with Allen Bradley highly preferred
- Skills required:
- Electrical, PLC; low voltage thru 480 volt 3 phase; motor starter 0-5; prox switches; inductive, photo eye; laser; linear transducer; communication network; panel views; machine interface (MI); Control Logics; low voltage DC control power systems; ability to understand mechanical system operations to provide PLC control of operations and safety circuits.Mechanical.
- Ability to make decisions based on the logical analysis of facts and alternatives and have the understanding and acceptance of those affected.
- Professionalism and strong organizational skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs; must have ability to perform essential functions of the job, which could include standing, bending, stooping, and climbing.
- The appropriate candidate for this position is results oriented, team player, self-starting, dynamic, flexible, and strongly motivated to succeed and deliver.
- Fluency in English, any other languages a plus; Good verbal communications with all levels of the organization a must.
EDUCATION: Associates degree required, BS degree preferred, BSEE highly preferred.
- Successful score on job skills assessment.
- Will be assessed by internal or external source to verify job skills, as well as reading and math comprehension.
- Industrial Maintenance Systems...hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work safely at all times by abiding with company safety policies including, but not limited to personal protective equipment
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Troubleshoot, make changes/modifications, and install upgrades to the current PLC programs
- Able to understand the complex equipment process / theory of operation and be able to transfer that to machine PLC programs
- Responsible for all systems and for mentoring and training other maintenance technicians on the proper ways to troubleshoot and read the ladder logics behind the PLCs
- Program equipment using buttons, keys, and PLC downloads to program automated machinery, such as robots, operate automated machinery, test for malfunctions, verify repairs.
- Liaison between the engineering team and maintenance for project design, installations, and start-up.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controller
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, motors, and position sensing devices
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.