See all jobs in Leavenworth KS
Job Location: Leavenworth, KS
This is a highly strategic role within a stable 60+ year old company. Due to an imminent retirement this company is seeking to hire their next Maintenance Manager. This mission critical position is looking for a strong leader to develop staff and identify areas of improvement within the maintenance department.
This is a highly financially stable company with incredibly high employee loyalty. They have a very positive, team environment.
Key responsibilities: To ensure that the plant processes and systems are operating within design criteria and regulatory compliance. Provide technical inputs to identify, analyze, plan and implement reliability improvements in order to ensure plant capacity. Provide reliability information/guidance to the maintenance department to improve equipment reliability. Provide leadership and guidance to the maintenance supervisors to insure compliance in all areas and the effective use of manpower. Coordinate any requested help for capital projects through the engineering group. Insure all member of the maintenance team are performing at the expected levels and monitor all yearly goals for completion.
1. Departmental Management
- Manage the Maintenance team including both mechanical and instrument/electrical. This role has 3 direct reports and 2 indirect reports.
- Establish priorities that balance predictive, preventive and corrective actions
- Monitor PM program to ensure work is completed in a timely fashion
- Evaluate new installations and implement appropriate maintenance strategies
- Direct the collection and maintenance of equipment information in the CMMS (SAP PM)
- Lead the development and application of preventive/predictive maintenance systems
- Evaluate equipment breakdowns to ensure maintenance activities address the root causes of equipment failures
- Establish and ensure adherence to a comprehensive lubrication program
- Perform failure analyses on repetitive equipment failures
3. Project Engineering
- Prepare capital request submissions including MEP calculations for capital project requests
- Determine resource requirements and recommend resources to use for project development and execution
- Manage the execution of assigned capital and expense projects on time and at budget
- 4. Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Direct planning and scheduling efforts to execute repair and project work according to priority and labor, equipment and operational availability and capability
- Plan and schedule contractor/vendor work and/or equipment delivery as needeed
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's Degree highly preferred . Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering a plus.
a.) Minimum 5 years of experience in maintenance management role with degree
b.) Minimum 10 years of experience in maintenance management role without degree
c.) Must have previous experience managing a maintenance department in a food or beverage manufacturing setting
d.) Experience setting vision for team; Proven tangible results of maintenance department improvements.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.