See all jobs in Charlotte NC
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Are you an experienced Quality Engineer looking for a permanent position with an outstanding company?
This position is primarily responsible for planning and directing activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties personally or though subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
Establishes programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material, and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
Interfaces with procurement, engineering, manufacturing, customer, or vendors to coordinate and resolve quality-related problems.
Provides computerized status report describing progress and concerns related to inspection activities, nonconforming items, and/or other items related to the quality of the process, material, or product.
Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
Maintains a working knowledge of the latest codes and new developments in testing and examination methods of processes, materials, and products.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data;
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs;
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others;
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments;
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions;
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals;
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently;
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure;
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner;
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction;
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor degree (B. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Contact Management systems; Database software; Design software; Development software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order Processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.