See all jobs in Boston MA
Job Location: Boston, MA
Were targeting self-motivated, full-stack engineers that aren't just order takers. Were searching for talent that is alert & engaged, people who enjoy working in a collaborative team setting, and aren't afraid to stand up to share opinions and ideas. Although a stable and mature organization, they run like a start-up and are transitioning from a sales-driven business model to a product-driven one (with the engineering teams driving all of this).
Youll be joining a collaborative team of 350 professionals, supporting a customer base of over 100,000 and growing, and help support the continued growth of close to 400% over the past couple years. With the dynamic shift and growth taking place in the payment industry, the opportunity for professional growth and development is massive here. We're looking for full-stack engineers who want to work on everything from databases, logic, web services, front-end, performance engineering, test automation, and continuous delivery.
- Engineers will work on small, empowered teams who are self-motivated and deliver great code/products
- Environment is built on openness, transparency, innovation, and empowerment
- Work side by side with like-minded, practical and sensible engineers who believe in choosing the right tool for the job (and appreciate the opportunity to make these decisions)
- Comfortable being agnostic about technology/technology stack find/use the best tool for the job
- Environment includes a ton of different tools/technologies including: C#, Java, Ruby, Groovy,Node, PHP, Open Source Technologies, and many others
- Automate everything (where it makes sense) tohelp simplify the repetitive, high-risk, and mundane tasks
- Continuous Delivery allows for fast and easy testing, streamlined deployment process, and clean productive code
- Improve the software development process, methodologies and tools through experience, automation, and simplification
- Deliver quality code with great attention to detail.
Ideal Candidates Skills & Experience:
- Engaged engineers who want to (and can) turn ideas into fast and stable code that everyone will find easy to understand and extend
- Leaders whobuild and improve themselves and others - striving to build a great collaborative team
- Self-motivated and thrive on challenging problems and projects. Able to work equally effective on a collaborative team or on an individual project
- Inspired by thought leadership and the idea of building and delivering industry leading products
- Continuous learners to enjoy researching and keeping up to speed with the latest technology trends
- Ability to change priorities (quickly) as dictated by projects, clients or any other reason
- Build strong relationships with peers, other technology teams, and build a collaborative environment
- Have a strong broad foundation of C# or Java programming
- Knowledge or experience with Hadoop, Cassandra, AWS, and GIT
- Testing skills include JUnit or NUnit (or similar) and great automation skills including SOAP, Selenium etc.
- Agile development process
Beyond technology, why is this company & job so great?
- Forward-thinking, innovative, cutting-edge technology
- Team of smart, self-motivated, and collaborative team members (and all around good people)
- State-of-the-Art Office Space
- Strong healthcare & dental benefits, generous 401K plan with immediate matching/vesting
- Flexible hours, remote work,and a healthy Work/Life balance
- Discounted memberships to greater Boston clubs and services (Gyms, Zipcar, etc.)
- Subsidized MBTA passes
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.