See all jobs in Davenport IA
Job Location: Davenport, IA
Position Summary Responsibilities for the Director, Business Development position include: establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with customers on behalf of the company, actively prospecting for new accounts, and maximizing sales potential with existing customers. Develops and executes a strategic plan with a heavy emphasis on generating new business through prospecting, lead generation, identifying the opportunity, presenting solutions, and successfully closing the business. This position builds positive relationships to provide sustainable repeat business and excellent customer service.
Key Organization relationships
- Reports to the VP Business Development & Marketing
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
11. Presents price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures. Accurately and expeditiously processes customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns when necessary.
- Uses a consultative approach in problem solving to create new solutions that address the needs of the clients.
- Is proficient in prospecting and lead generation
- Develop a strategic plan that actively manages short- and long-term pipeline leads from personally and Marketing generated leads and advance them through the sales process. Support efforts to consistently grow the base of referral sources.
- Listens beyond product needs by seeing business process improvement potential and opportunities to add value to the existing and prospective clients.
- Convey a sense of expertise in our media management solutions for companies with needs for long run, short-run, on-demand digital printing, fulfillment, and electronic media distribution.
- Have a sound understanding of our global offerings of Print & Packaging, Supply Chain, and eCommerce
- Will utilize Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) as the key repository for all client activities and maintain complete and accurate information and records of prospects and clients.
- Builds positive relationships to provide repeat business and excellent customer service.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding the monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and sales goals of the company.
- Collaborate with All departments to achieve our goals.
- Participate and are responsible for the development of new project proposals.
- Communicates information effectively and persuasively. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs market assessments, competitor analyses, pricing strategies. Draw conclusions from market assessment data on the competitive environment and the companys strengths, opportunities and targets and provide advice to the VP, Business Development & Marketing.
- Performs other duties as required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Solutions-oriented and comfortable engaging at the C-Level
- A key position to influence current and prospective customers satisfaction and our company prosperity.
- Manage multiple relationships well. This position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful. Competitive and committed
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Understands business implications of decisions
- Effective time management skills
- Demonstrates professional behavior when communicating and working with employees, clients, prospects and vendors
- Must be a self-starter and a problem solver
- Ability to identify and anticipate customers needs and requirements.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, customer order specifications, manufacturing instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to document procedures and instructions, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively, present complex information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors and other employees of the organization
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations; draw and interpret graphs
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.