See all jobs in Nesconset NY
Job Location: Nesconset, NY
We have an opening for a Video and Lighting Product Manager located in the center of Long Island, NY.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This person will be responsible for managing projects and programs to further profitable sales and market position. Video products consist of vehicle mounted cameras, displays, proximity sensors, DVRs, and data management software intended to provide emergency, mining, and construction vehicles with operations safety and liability protection solutions. Lighting products include scene lighting and work lighting products intended to provide first responders, mining, construction, and work truck operators with lighting solutions. For video products, this person is charged positioning as market leader in an emerging product category by leveraging technical expertise and product solutions from sister companies with market access of existing commercial team and partners. For lighting products, this person is charged to further market share with existing premium brand and product offering for emergency markets as well as developing new revenue streams into new international geography and applications.
The Video and Lighting Product Manager will work closely with Sales and Marketing to develop sales generating programs, close large opportunities, and further establish the Company as though leader in markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop deep market knowledge of customer needs, market trends, and channel opportunities and contribute to development of business strategy
- Champion sales growth initiatives for product lines
- Be the personality to represent product line to industry - participate in industry events as product expert
- Assist Sales and Marketing team by:
- leading product training
- sales tools development
- marketing materials content
- key account relationships
- Analyze data to draw conclusions and make informed decisions
- Lead VOC efforts to gain insightful knowledge of customer problems and needs that may be address though innovative products and services.
- Define and contribute to execution of product development projects by:
- Manage product roadmap and life cycle
- Develop new product business case
- Development of new product requirements
- Develop new product go to market plan
- Primary driver of NPD stage-gate projects
- Go to person to solve complicated problems, liaison between Sales/Marketing/Operations/Customer Service/Quality
- Up to 50% travel required
- Ethical and respectful, must be able to represent a company that is built on integrity
- Personally driven with a track record of success
- Leadership ability with team player attitude.
- Mediator who can bring different functional groups together
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships with global customers and diverse cultures, ability to efficiently work with internal departments to deliver what is needed
- Strong project and people management skills including time, and budget management.
- Entrepreneurial with focus on driving profitable market share growth
- Strong analytical skills, ability to process data into information, Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- 5+ years of Product Management experience required
- 5+ years of Project Management experience required
- 5+ years of customer facing experience required
- 2+ years Video products experience preferred
- 2+ years of sales expereince preferred
- Technical or Marketing Bachelor's Degree Required
- MBA Preferred
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.