See all jobs in Chicago IL
Job Location: Chicago, IL
StepBeyond Solutions Inc
The Official Career Partner ofEMSinsider, The #1 LinkedIn group for Electronics Manufacturing
StepBeyond Solutions Inc is the leader in Executive Search and Technical Recruiting for Electronics Manufacturers. StepBeyond.com has been the premier online EM recruiting site since 1997.
Who do we recruit? Anyone who has a reason to step on the floor of an electronic assembly operation.
We are assisting our client in locating a Senior Process Engineer
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager, the Senior Process Engineer team member is responsible for managing assigned projects in engineering and monitoring processes in the manufacturing environment. The Senior Process Engineer will analyze, suggest, and implement continuous improvements for all manufactured products and processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to evaluate overall manufacturing processes and methods to achieve maximum capacity and efficiency by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, fixture tooling, and materials.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality levels by developing methods which confirm manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering support by answering questions and requests.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; request OEM service when needed.
- Provide end to end development and support of new product introductions (Proto-types).
- General knowledge of SMT equipment & processes (Universal machines a plus).
- General knowledge of Vitronics Soltec Wave solder machines.
- Knowledge of PCB pad design and component pad layout.
- Ability to read and interpret Gerber layers and XY data.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis: solder shorts, skewed part, insufficient solder, cold solder, etc.
- Strong understanding of PCB fab drawings.
- Ability to create panel drawings for a given circuit.
- Knowledge of IPC 610E workmanship standards.
- Knowledge of DFM reporting.
- Perform X-Ray analysis of leadless devices, QFN, BGA, and LGA modules.
- Ability to interpret component data specification documentation.
- Understanding of PCB design specifications.
- Ability to assist and or design manufacturing process tooling and fixtures.
- Ability to perform manufacturing process time studies & calculations.
- Ability to create SOPs, work instructions, and visual aids.
- Perform product validations when required.
- Execute Engineering Change Requests (ECOs).
- Efficient use of CAD based software for various plant manufacturing engineering applications.
- A minimum of 10 years manufacturing experience with one or more companies preferably within the electronics industry or a related industry.
- The candidate should have broad-based knowledge of state of the art manufacturing practices including material flow and industrial engineering principles and practices.
- Must have had experience with PC based application to include Microsoft Office and AutoCAD or a similar design package.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be proficient in written and oral communications and have the ability to control a large number of activities in a dynamic environment, simultaneously without sacrificing goals.
- Interface with customer engineering, production, and quality to ensure design for manufacturability.
Education: 4 Year Degree in Engineering or Quality Management
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.