See all jobs in Farmington MI
Job Location: Farmington, MI
Algorithm Engineer - Brake Control|
Job Summary of the Algorithm Engineer (Brake Control):
AnAlgorithm Engineer with Brake Control experience is needed to play a key role in designing andimplementation of Brake Controlalgorithms such asABS/TCS/ESC etc. Along with this you will also work on Calibration and Validation of theBrake Controlalgorithms. Our this client is atier one automotive supplier and well known for their services globally.This is a company that provides long-term stability and the opportunity to work on exciting, emerging technologies. They are an important, glowing player in the transition to brake-by-wire systems. If you have hands on experience working on Brake Control Algorithms, then you may also get a senior level position.
Responsibilities of the Algorithm Engineer - Brake Control:
- Understand the architecture of existing algorithms and help in mergingof competing algorithms with new architecture.
- Design and implement new functionalities in existing architecture using Simulink
- Use of various test methods such asopen loop simulation, co-simulation, rapid prototyping, in-vehicle testing to test the designs
- Calibrate the algorithm for different test vehicles or test platforms to support trunk algorithm development using simulation, rapid prototyping, and in-vehicle methods
- Calibrate the algorithm for production development vehicles using simulation and in-vehicle methods
- Help in calibration of new algorithms on production or internal test vehicles globally
- Perform the model-in-the-loop unit testing for verification and document algorithm design
- Understand and negotiatevehicle performance specifications with customers.
- Participate in customer demo or buyoff rides and explain anddiscuss algorithms and functionalities to the customers.
Qualificationsof the Algorithm Engineer - Brake Control:
- BSME/BSEE or related fields, Masters preferred
- At least 2 years of experience incontrol algorithm development (modeling and simulation).
- Skilled in embedded programming (auto-code), andautomotive production development process.
- MUST HAVE experience withBrakes/suspension controls orvehicle dynamics.
- Experience working on the tools such as -
- Visual Basicor similar programming tools
- Version control tools
- issue tracking tools
- Micro Auto Box or similar simulation and RPT tools
- Measurement and post-processing tools from Vector and dSPACE or similar: CANape, ControlDesk, etc.
Compensation of the Algorithm Engineer - Brake Control:
Salary Range: $80,000-110,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Farmington, MI/TRC, OH
Travel: As and when required (heavy during winter: 6wks between Dec. and Mar. Sometimes globally)
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful -Brake, ABS, TCS, ESC, algorithm, calibration, validation, test, simulation, prototyping, verification, "Vehicle dynamics", "Control Systems", "Automotive production development process", APDP, matlab, simulink, stateflow, "Version control", "Issue tracking", "Visual Basics", "Programming tool", MKS, CarSim, "Micro Auto Box", simulation, RPT, Measurement, "post-processing tool", Vector, Dspace, Canape, ControlDesk,
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.