See all jobs in Farmington MI
Job Location: Farmington, MI
Software Validation Engineer - Embedded
We are in search of a Software Validation Engineer with an embedded software background to play a vital role in verification and validation of electronic automotive products forour long term automotive supplier client in Farmington, MI area.This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. They are working with the latest and greatest innovations in the automotive field such as active safety, brake-by-wire, and automated driving.In this position you will be responsible forcomprehensive analysis of requirements and creation and execution of appropriate test cases for the product.If you have a strong Automation background along with the experience in product designing,automotive safety and restraint systems, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Software Validation Engineer - Embedded:
- Development and documentation oftest plans, specifications, procedures, and cases to verify correct functionality and design of the product.
- Plan and conductspecification reviews, design assessments, and inspections of assigned products and requirements.
- Collaborate with product design team for developingappropriate test coverage mapped to customer and internal requirements.
- Collect and organizetest requirements and data for all levels of testing.
- Work ondevelopmental, Design Validation, design characterization and limit/margin testing with other teams.
- Negotiate start and completion dates for validation efforts, required equipment and supplies, and seek customer approval for plans and timing.
- Troubleshoot test equipment and test setups
- Analyze and verify the issues andlog software defects into a defect tracking database, and review test data.
Qualifications of the Software Validation Engineer - Embedded:
- BS in Software, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Masters preferred.Equivalent electronics test validation experience may be acceptable\
- 3+ Years of experience with Software Validation for automotive embedded systems.
- Knowledge ofautomotive electronic andembedded micro-controller products.
- Skilled introubleshooting of electronic products andmanual and automated test creation and execution techniques
- Well versed withthe use of product communication protocols and tools such as serial communications, CAN, LIN, ISO etc.
- Knowledge of analysis tools such asCANalyzer, CANoe, CAPL
- Knowledge ofarbitrary waveform generators, signal generators, and oscilloscopes is preferred
- Familiarity withinterface tools such asSCAT2, Netway, Hercules, Gryphon, DPS
- Familiarity withlanguages such asVB, C, C++, LabView, assembly andconfiguration & version control systems (MKS, PVCS).
- Knowledge ofsimulation tools & systems such as Mathcad modeling, MATLAB, Simulink.
- Knowledge ofrequirements management & traceability systems.
Compensation of the Software Validation Engineer - Embedded:
Salary Range: $75000-$95000/year, depending on experience
Location: Detroit area, MI
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Validation, "Software Validation",verification, "product development", "specification review", "design assessment", "Troubleshoot", Test, "automotive electronic product",micro-controller, "micro controller",CAN, LIN, ISO,CANalyzer, CANoe, CAPL,SCAT2, Netway, Hercules, Gryphon, DPS,VB, C, C++, LabView, assembly,MKS, PVCS,Mathcad modeling, MATLAB, Simulink, simulation, "requirements management", Automation
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.