See all jobs in Farmington MI
Job Location: Farmington, MI
Mechanical Engineer - Electronics PackagingFarmington, MI
Summary of theMechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging:
Our client, a developer andsupplier of advanced vehicle safety systems, is growing at a fastrate.Because of this, theyre looking for aMechanical Engineer to join their team. In this position, you'll be developing housing/packaging for their electronic control hardware. They are working with the latest and greatest innovations in the automotive field such as active safety, brake-by-wire, and automated driving.If you have previous experience in electronics packaging, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of theMechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging:
- Design ECU Mechanical components such ashousings, covers, connectors and circuit boards.
- Manage designing activities fromprototyping to production fornew product development or modifications to existing designs.
- Develop and analyze design conceptsusing CAD/solidworks/CATIAto demonstrate feasibility with CAE tools (Thermal and Structural)
- Explain design concepts and analysisto engineering team by creating documents,
- Develop test methods, engineering reports, fixture/prototype designs and test execution support for product development.
- Prepare specifications for parts, assemblies, and installations
- Work onpackaging studies and component layout analysis
- Apply GD&T, Tolerance Stackingetc, principlesfor components and assemblies
Qualifications of theMechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging:
- BSME with at least 3 years of experience on a Mechanical Design Engineer role.
- Experience withCAD tools, preferably CATIA or Solidworks
- Strong knowledge of casting, molding, assembly
- Experiencewith FEA process and tools such asANSYS, ABAQUS is required
- Background in automotive electronics mechanical packaging and interconnection technology will be preferred.
Compensation of theMechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging:
Salary Range: $75,000 - $95,000/year, based on experience
Location: Detroit Area MI
Travel: As required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship:H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful:Mechanical, packaging, "Electronics Packaging",housing,integration, "test methods",fixture,prototype, "product development",dimension,GD&T, "Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing", "mechanical packaging", interconnection, "thermal analysis", casting, molding, assembly,FMEA, DV, PV, CAD, CATIA, "Pro Engineering",FEA,TS16949,APQP,APDS
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.