See all jobs in Natick MA
Job Location: Natick, MA
Manager of 3D Engineering
You will lead a team of 6-8 software engineers designing, implementing, and delivering system software that powers the 3D machine vision systems that our customers use to guide robots, automate inspections, solve problems, and transform industries.
- Lead the design of the architecture, guide and support the implementation and deliver high quality software for our next generation ARM based embedded or PC based 3D machine vision systems.
- Directly manage a core team of 6-8 engineers in Natick, and you will collaborate with a global team of engineers located in the US and Europe.
- Work closely with product marketing to understand our customer's applications and define requirements for our products.
- Manage software projects from start to finish.
- Collaborate closely with the managers of the GUI software and vision tool teams to ensure a seamless integration of all parts.
- Team up with the electrical engineering leaders to make sure that our software will scale effectively to new hardware platforms.
- Report directly to the Director of 3D Engineering
- Work with engineering leaders across the enterprise.
- You will infuse your team with a work hard/move fast ethos. Your team will develop the software that brings our cutting-edge 3D machine vision systems to life.
- You will work with a management team that values action and rewards smart, flexible decision making
- You are always looking and moving forward; you are capable of articulating and driving a strategic vision while also managing day-to-day complexity.
- You do not compromise your vision to avoid an argument.
- You believe that done is better than perfect.
- You are always asking, "How can I make this better/simpler/faster?"
- You cut through complexity to illuminate what really matters.
- You enjoy tackling the challenges of developing software in a multi-site distributed environment.
- Your exposure to and enthusiasm for a wide range of technology is more important than specific experience, but you should
- Have a MS degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experienced developing software in C or C++.
- Development experience for Linux and ARM based embedded platforms.
- Be familiar with software development tools like git, Visual Studio, gnu development tools, modern bug tracking systems, and modern project planning tools.
- Have experience using CI platforms (TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.).
- You have a minimum of 8 years of software development experience, including
- At least 3 years of management experience.
- At least 5 years developing software in C or C++.
- You have outstanding communication skills:
- You can quickly create PowerPoint decks or Confluence pages that establish a shared vision for a short-term project or a strategic plan.
- Strong presentation skills; both technical and non-technical.
- 10% travel, in both the US and Europe.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.