See all jobs in Philadelphia PA
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Process Development Scientist is a key role in the Process Development Analytical team. He/she will function as an Analytical Scientist to develop and implement new assays, optimize existing assays based on in-depth knowledge of laboratory techniques and perform analytical experiments to support upstream and downstream process development at Spark.
- The major responsibilities are as follows, but not limited to:
- Conduct analytical experiments to support process development of Upstream, Downstream and Pre-Clinical Operation teams
- Design and perform analytical experiments to determine rAAV yield and recovery, vector purity and potency while delivering reliable high-quality experimental data and preparing experimental reports in a timely manner
- Provide analytical expertise to troubleshoot issues and resolve the issues timely
- Develop and implement new analytical methods or optimize existing methods with limit guidance from supervisor and other team members to support rAAV production and purification methods
- Work closely with team members to ensure the availability of adequate laboratory materials as needed
- Execute routine lab operations on an ongoing basis, maintain accurate, timely and detailed records of work
- Collaborate with facility for instrument maintenance and calibration
- Working in the labs to perform experiments described above in the job primary duties
- Design experiments, organize, discuss and record experimental data.
- Prepare presenting materials, literature search and so on.
- Trainings, lab meetings and administration work
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities; familiar with variety of lab techniques, including PCR, Q-PCR, digital PCR, Protein assays, ELISA-based assays and cell-based assays.
- Proven ability to work independently in hands-on laboratory setting, self-motivated to learn and develop new techniques
- Capable of performing multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies. Good personal communication skills and team worker.
- Must be comfortable in the fast-paced, biotech start-up environment and interact with multi-disciplinary research teams at Spark.
- Knowledge of gene therapy is preferred, but not required.
- Ph.D in biological sciences required
- Minimum of two years of relevant working with analytical technologies in pharma/biotech industry experience
- Experience with viral vector production, Q-PCR, digital PCR, ELISA-based assays and cell-based assay is preferred
WHO WE ARE:
Transforming Patients Lives. Spark Therapeutics is a pioneering gene therapy leader transforming the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. We are embarking on our goal to deliver the first approved gene therapy product in the US for genetic blinding conditions and have a product pipeline addressing other unmet rare genetic diseases. We have an entrepreneurial culture and are looking for talented and passionate professionals who are committed and motivated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking for a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity, scientific innovation and team collaboration, you may be a great fit for our team.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.