See all jobs in Cabool MO
Job Location: Cabool, MO
We are seeking a Maintenance Manager for a prominent food/beverage/dairy manufacturing company in Cabool, MO.
Cabool is one hour east of Springfield, MO.
Full relocation package is provided. Salary range: $85-90,000 plus 10% bonus
Apply for immediate consideration!
- Direct Reports: 3 Maintenance Supervisors & the Maintenance Systems Coordinator
- Degreed. Technical degree preferred. Others will also be considered.
- Experience in food or beverage or dairy product manufacturing
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating the facility maintenance operation to meet Company objectives for Production, Quality, Quantity and Cost. Participate in the overall strategic design and direction of the maintenance processes and related specification. Oversee the training of employees, setting of departmental production and performance goals, organization of work, and maintenance of a productive and motivational climate.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and control the efforts of the Maintenance Department to maintain plant equipment and facilities commensurate with good engineering practices.
- Manage assets to execute an effective preventive maintenance program, to minimize unscheduled down time, and ensure that equipment is ready to run when scheduled.
- Ensure that all equipment and facility installations and or modifications meet or exceed all regulatory agency (i.e. USDA, FSA, OSHA, ADA, EPA) standards and comply with all policies and or procedures
- Assure that production equipment is capable of producing within the specifications and tolerances established by the equipment manufacturer
- Consult with Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering and the Production Department regarding desirable modifications of existing equipment and facilities and the possible replacement of existing equipment, which will improve operations and reduce maintenance costs
- Monitor and report maintenance key indicators to top management and make recommendations for necessary changes to drive improvement.
- Keep and update equipment and facility records and procedures such as equipment manuals, schematic drawings, and facility drawings
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives (i.e. 5S, Kaizen, lean tools and etc.)
- Develop and maintain an effective department through proper selection, training and assignment of personnel capable of maintaining all equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient working condition
- Develop objectives and standards of performance for projects within the Maintenance Department required to meet departmental, divisional and corporate goals and objectives
- Maintain and control departmental budget and ensure all work completed is within budget parameters and time constraints.
- Participates in meetings or other communications with other departments regarding the resolution of ongoing problems, the implementation of new procedures or processes, or the development of new plans and designs
- Utilize industry approved methodologies to ensure proper inventory control of MRO parts, and supplies
- Understand and implement problem solving techniques, motivational techniques, long range planning, and Employee & Labor Relations
- Availability 24/7
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- BS Degree in Engineering or Technical Discipline
- 3 Years direct supervision or management in maintenance and/or production environment.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Suite products, and AutoCAD
- Ability to work any shift
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Preferred (not required)Qualifications
- Better Process Control School
- Knowledge of factory automation to include PLC and HMI programming, Network Configuration, and servo systems.
- Knowledge of Boiler Operation, Ammonia Systems, Sanitary welding
- Various computer applications- SAP or similar operating system
Reporting to this Position:
- Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Systems Coordinator (Planner / Scheduler)
Travel:15%-25% (1-2 times per quarter)
Scope (Revenue, Number of Employees, etc.):
- Oversees 3 direct and 2 indirect positions
- Plant Employee manpower - 153; Department manpower - 35
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.