See all jobs in Charlotte NC
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer looking for an excellent opportunity?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Integrate newly designed products into the manufacturing area. Assist in the training of plant personnel in the assembly of new products. Work with the team to seamlessly integrate new product concepts into the manufacturing process by providing direct engineering support.
- Utilize robust project management tools to enable effective product launch through all phases of the product development and integration stages.
- Sufficiently interface with customers and suppliers in order to develop working knowledge of products and processes,
- Use working knowledge of customer and suppliers to assist in the development of design concepts into marketable products which may be modified to specific customer usage.
- Support company profit goals by demonstrating a sound knowledge of engineering methods enabling improved designs that improve material utilization or improve manufacturing throughput.
- Display working proficiency of related CAD software as well as company ERP system.
- Provide direct project support as assigned for new projects and meet all customer and internal time lines through the effective use of engineering and project management tools.
- Performs other related tasks assigned by the Engineering Director/ Manager.
- No supervisory responsibility.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data;
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images;
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects;
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs;
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests;
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others;
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently;
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure;
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities;
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position must be able to communicate at all levels and in all departments of the company. He/she must demonstrate a mature and professional acceptance and handling of responsibilities. There must be an unquenchable desire to succeed with minimal direct supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree (B.S.) or equivalent; 3-5 years of experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Good experience in engineering software packages, design processes, organizational methods, project management / planning and cost analysis.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles; and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.