See all jobs in Houston TX
Job Location: Houston, TX
This Engineering position is responsible for power distribution oversight and management and analysis of system controllers. Engineers in this position must have strong design capabilities coupled with an ability to achieve schedule budget and quality objective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create electrical schematics using AutoCAD Electrical software.
- Identify the specific cables, connectors, fuses, circuit breakers and/or other electrical devices for established project.
- Work closely with vendors in identifying appropriate equipment necessary for the project
- Trouble shoot and program PLC modules. Create and document cabinet design layouts including drive, drive connections, power modules, CNC and PLC modules, and terminal wiring within each box.
- Create and maintain all BOM and ENOCs associated with all electrical parts.
- Works with supervision to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Supports the development and maintenance of department standards.
- Documents designs using the appropriate format (CAD drawings, Schematics, Computer Source Code) to the companys standards as required by the project.
- May have responsibility for testing and validation of designs.
- Develop specifications for purchased equipment.
- Maintains technical competency and works to expand technical skills and knowledge.
- Support the start-up and operation of projects on-site.
- Work across function lines to support all Controls related functions such as logic development, and documentation completion.
- Some travel is required for this position.
- Must be a self-starter who can perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must have demonstrated ability to develop complex designs.
- The ability to work well with others in a team environment is required.
- A general knowledge of machine tool types, their function and typical machining process is required.
- Ability to work to a schedule and budget is required.
- Must have demonstrated strong electrical design skills.
- Must have the ability to design electrical systems for PLC control systems, preferably Allen Bradley equipment and platform experience.
- Experience with Computer Engineering Tools for electrical system design is desired.
- Skills must include the design of electrical schematics and application of control system components.
- Knowledge of common US and International Electrical Codes are required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical - Electronic Engineering or equivalent required which provides extensive occupationally specific knowledge. In absence of a bachelors degree, 10 or more years of experience in a similar field.
- Five plus years of experience is required.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.