Job Location: Northwest Ohio, OH
Our client is a $55 million privately held manufacturing firm. They were founded in 1969 and are a leading manufacturer and distributor of roll formed and stamped metal products. The organizations customer-centric approach has made them uniquely successful and led to rapid expansion. They are poised to grow significantly in the next 10 years due to acquisition and organic growth and are looking for a proven leader to help take them to the next level.
Opportunity to oversee the operation of a state-of-the-art 60,000 square foot stamping facility. They are in need of an experienced, energetic manager to run their plant operations in Northwest Ohio.
Essential Functions of the Position:
Support a lean, high-performance culture that rewards over achievement and encourages continuous improvement at all levels of the organization.
- Plan, develop and implement operational policies to ensure the organization operates at peak productivity and profitability.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day operations from raw material purchasing to product shipment including leader selection, inventory management, financial planning, and environmental compliance.
- Provide direction to related supporting operations in the areas of lean manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, controls and performance metrics.
- Ensure standards and compliance for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA and safety are met to guarantee complete and on-time delivery of the product at the lowest possible cost.
- Evaluate, manage and motivate all direct reports with a strong emphasis on planning, organization, preparation, follow-up and internal communication.
- Coordinate all production activities including quality, scheduling, labor management, etc.
Provides management oversight, guidance and strategy to Operations, Quality, Purchasing, Engineering and Shipping. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, evaluation and efficiency of these area. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and create new policies to remain in accordance with all applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Significant management experience in a high-precision, high-performing manufacturing environment.
- Previous manufacturing experience in the stamping, metal fabrication, plastics, automotive or appliance industry.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or related field,
- Advanced degree(s) and/or related certifications, Lean Six sigma training or certification a plus.
- Proven experience in building, developing, and mentoring a strong team.
- Experience with Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques preferred.
- Technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling, and preventive maintenance.
- Possess strong knowledge of all related business areas including finance, logistics, sales, marketing, safety, and human resources.
- Excellent project and program management skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Strong organization skills and multi-tasking ability.
- High energy with the ability to dive and affect change.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.