Job Location: Talahasee, AL
Sr. Project Engineer II - Electrical
The Sr. Electrical Engineer is responsible for engineering design and testing to support new product development as well as product improvements and cost reductions for existing product lines. The individual in this role will also direct work performed by lab technicians, co-ops, and outside resources, and must work effectively with other departments to help resolve product issues in a timely manner. The candidate must possess strong oral and written communication skills in addition to 9 years of related design experience.
- Perform circuit design, debugging, and validation for 8/16/32-bit embedded microprocessor based systems.
- Perform tolerance allowance of analog and digital circuits through analysis and simulation.
- Perform circuit design for circuit protection, filtering, and shielding on low-power battery-based systems.
- Perform product design and evaluate options to meet specifications, cost targets, and schedule.
- Formulate specifications for parts, processes, and tests as needed for product design, validation, and manufacture.
- Direct support personnel and outside resources as needed for evaluation of designs, creation of prototypes, generation of drawings, and product documentation.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities, and apply engineering problem-solving techniques to improve product performance and manufacturability.
- Perform and submit to peer reviews and audits to ensure integrity of the product design and conformance to professional and departmental standards.
- Maintain expertise in current and emerging technologies and apply them to product designs.
- Develop new ideas and inventions for use in products and ensure protection of Neptune intellectual property through disclosures and patent applications.
Education:Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Engineering, or Electronics Engineering.
Experience:9+ years in Engineering design and development
Additional Desired Experience:
- Low level communication protocols and microprocessor peripherals including but not limited to SPI, UART & I2C.
- Designing circuits to support RF modulation schemes and protocols including but not limited to Bluetooth, OOK, FSK and GFSK.
- Circuit protection schemes including but not limited to ESD protection, High Frequency and Low Frequency filtering, and circuit isolation.
- Circuit tolerance analysis.
- Experience with schematic capture, PCB layout, and analysis techniques for multi-layer board designs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Knowledge of FCC, JEDEC, EN and MIL standards as they pertain to circuit design and PCB development and manufacturing.
- Design and validation of RFID tags
- High frequency magnetic designs.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.