See all jobs in Orangeburg SC
Job Location: Orangeburg, SC
- Award Winning Manufacturer of Consumer Products
- World Leader in outdoor products
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Comprehensive Benefits and Salary Program
- Chance to be part of a proud team manufacturing award winning products recognized world wide
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Supplier Quality Engineer is a key member of the Quality team with primary responsibilities for APQP activities and PPAP for new projects, continuous improvement of vendors and suppliers of materials, products and / or services. This individual is the technical liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and our suppliers.
- Lead APQP and Continuous Improvement Activities.
- Audit suppliers for conformance to quality requirements and identify opportunities and weaknesses in processes, delivery, and requirementsand to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Regular communication with vendors to develop, implement and document improvements, drive SCARs to closure. Organize and track issues to ensure or improve timely progress on supplier deliverables.
- Responsible for leading problem solving, root cause analysis and skill development at suppliers using Six Sigma tools such as statistical data analysis, Fishbone, 5-Why, 8D, etc.
- Provide guidance and direction in the use of Quality Systems and tools such as Process Flow diagrams, PFMEA, Work Instructions, Control Plans, SPC, and MSA techniques.
- Smaller sized city located about 45 minutes southeast from the capital city of Columbia and just over an hour northeast of Charleston SC
- Cost of living is 8% lower than the average cost of living in the US with housing being a particular bargain at 27% below the national average
- BS degree in Quality, Mechanical Engineering, Business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years Supplier Quality Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Metals Background
- SQ certification CQE, CMQ/QE strongly preferred
- Willingness to travel 10 25% with occasional international travel
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Experience. (Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred)
- Knowledge of GD&T & SPC
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence in machining, stamping, welding, castings, forging and/or assembly operations.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Competency in drawing interpretation, spreadsheet analysis database research, and presentation skills
- Dedication to continuous improvement quality improvement
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.