See all jobs in Defiance OH
Job Location: Defiance, OH
RM Schulte and Associates, one of the leading search firms has been selected to lead a search in the Defiance, OHarea for aQuality Manager.
The Quality Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining a quality system which complies with ISO9001 requirements and coordinates all aspects of compliance and continuous quality improvement related programs; Serves as the quality advisor to all departments regarding quality and compliance expectations and preparation for internal and external audits; Enhances revenues and profits by developing top performing quality teams, improving systems and processes to reduce non-conformance's; Leads and champions continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead, develop and drive continuous improvement quality initiatives to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Maintain ISO 9001 requirements and leads and coordinates all aspects of compliance and continuous improvement programs through internal and external quality audits.
- Ensures accurate completion of weekly and monthly quality reports, KPIs and works with plant manager, operations and finance to evaluate against objectives; makes adjustments in plans based on variances.
- Facilitates the development of quality systems to provide consistent inspection and testing to meet Company objectives and improve customer satisfaction.
- Stream line standard Quality Systems and procedures.
- Collaborate with all departments to prioritize opportunities and develop project plans to improve operations and processes.
- Maintains a commitment to the company vision through exemplary leadership style and structured performance management
- Frequently communicates with direct reports and management counterparts, using a forthright, supportive approach
- Evaluate, manage and motivate all direct reports with a strong emphasis on planning, organization, preparation, follow-up and internal communication.
- Support a lean, high-performance culture that rewards overachievement and encourages continuous improvement at all levels of the organization.
- Communicate clearly and directly with employees concerning quality performance expectations, productivity, and accountability.
Qualifications and Competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, behaviors and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Quality Systems, Operations or related field.
- ASQ Certification
- 5 to 8 years of experience in Quality supporting manufacturing and managing a team of direct reports. Experience in metal fabrication, welding, stamping, heavy truck, construction equipment and/or military industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of quality systems, PPAP, FMEA, APQP, SPC and Control plans.
- Demonstrated experience working with Lean initiatives, 8D root cause analysis, correction action planning, Poke Yoke.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Results oriented leadership style with a focus on continuous improvement and execution
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on innovative and creative solutions that result in higher profitability.
- Operates with high integrity; builds trust, quickly wins and sustains credibility in relationship with others
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts; Professionally assertive
- Proven experience in building, developing and mentoring a strong team
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.