See all jobs in Henderson NC
Job Location: Henderson, NC
Why Work Here?
This multi-billion-dollar company is a global leader in glass and metals packaging. This is a growing company that produces packaging for many of the worlds leading food and beverage giants. US sales total around $2Billion and they employ about 5,000 people domestically.
- Growth oriented global company and a leader in their industry.
- It is a progressive, profitable, stable manufacturing company where you have job security.
- The plant is nice, clean and well-maintained.
- Excellent opportunities for advancement both domestically and internationally.
- Strong career succession planning program.
- Capital spending is strong. Have invested millions of dollars in its plants for capital improvements.
- Fairly recession proof. Manufactures a consumer product that is consistently in demand.
- Strong management team.
- Company that values its employees.
- Competitive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability, 401K, pension, vacation, holidays.
- Comprehensive relocation package grossed-up for taxes including closing costs and realtors fees, moving of household belongings and home purchase if desired.
- Historically strong bonus potential.
- This is a unique business and a career within the organization will be both challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.
Your Role with the Company:
OPERATIONS MANAGER 24X7 Glass Manufacturing Plant. This successful candidate will be an Operations Manager with strong leadership skillswho is capable of moving into a Plant Manager positionas his/her next career step. The successful candidate will have strong managerial skills and a strong production management background.
What you will be doing:
What you will need:
- Responsible for assisting the Plant Manger in directing assigned departments to obtain optimum performance in safety, quality and performance efficiencies at the lowest operating cost.
- Perform administrative responsibilities necessary for the effective management of the manufacturing facility including the selection and development of employees, salary, budget and cost administration.
- Ensure the manufacturing of product is within customer specifications and quality standards are strictly adhered to while meeting the financial objectives of the plant or department.
- Direct assigned plant department planning, scheduling and production functions.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy work environment always striving for zero accidents.
- Monitor process improvement analysis and make recommendations to improve the manufacturing process and process control.
- Maintain good customer relations through regular communication and maintaining the highest level of quality.
- Assume Plant Manager responsibilities as required.
- BS Engineering, Operations, Business or related field required. MBA is a plus.
- Previous experience in glass manufacturing is desirable.
- Five to ten years of manufacturing experience with emphasis in team building.
- Production management experience at the departmental level or higher.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.