See all jobs in Philadelphia PA
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Corporate Engineering Lead will provide engineering leadership, management, and technical support for Sparks growing facilities and operations.
He/she will collaborate with all functions and departments to identify technical and physical infrastructure needs, define end user requirements, and develop and execute solutions appropriate to meet business objectives.
He/she will coordinate Federal, State, and City building standards & codes, landlord rules and requirements, and Spark standards and requirements, and integrate such into all engineering projects and approaches and assure appropriate compliance on Sparks behalf.
- Develop and maintain robust engineering and project management processes necessary to assess business and end user needs and requirements, and to manage and execute programs, projects, and activities to meet objectives in accordance with good project management and engineering practices.
- Develop and maintain reporting tools to inform and maintain visibility into project status and costs to meet requirements of project governance, senior leadership, and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain budget and cost control systems and tools in conjunction with Accounting and Finance.
- Develop project schedules, including full integration with project turnover and operational readiness with end users and stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain contract standards and manage project contracts with contractors, vendors, and service providers. Collaborate with Legal and Accounting to maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, insurance provider requirements, landlord building rules, etc.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise on planning and execution of all capital projects related to facility infrastructure, including build-out of new or modification to existing building infrastructure.
- Establish and maintain appropriate resources with external engineering, architecture, and construction management firms, and establish contracts and services when needed.
- Provide leadership and collaborate with end users and stakeholders to obtain success pro outcomes
- Provide leadership and technical expertise supporting capital projects related to specific operations that tie-into new or existing building infrastructure, e.g., modification of lab space or installation of larger equipment within one of the technical or scientific operating functions.
- Support the definition and development of space planning and long-range master planning.
- Provide support to Facilities (Corporate and Technical Operations) maintenance operations as/where needed
- Hires, manages performance and develops direct reports; ensures departmental goals and objectives are aligned to functional and corporate goals and objectives.
- Other projects and activities as assigned
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently or in a team environment with moderate supervision
- Proficiency in prioritizing, organization and time management
- Experience working in a GMP environment is a plus
- BS degree in an engineering field, e.g., Mechanical, Chemical, etc., is required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in engineering functional and project leadership, including small to large capital projects, $1M to $100M.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning and execution, including design, construction, start-up, and operational transition of office, lab, and manufacturing facilities and support equipment.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience supporting multi-site manufacturing and R&D operations in life science operating companies.
- Experience developing and managing functional and project management systems, processes, controls, tools, etc.
- Experience with GXP compliance as well as USP, EP, ICH and FDA guidelines a plus.
- Experience with GXP regulatory requirements and inspections is a plus.
WHO WE ARE:
Transforming Patients Lives. Spark Therapeutics is a pioneering gene therapy leader transforming the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. We are embarking on our goal to deliver the first approved gene therapy product in the US for genetic blinding conditions and have a product pipeline addressing other unmet rare genetic diseases. We have an entrepreneurial culture and are looking for talented and passionate professionals who are committed and motivated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking for a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity, scientific innovation and team collaboration, you may be a great fit for our team.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.