See all jobs in Philadelphia PA
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
Reporting to the IT Service Desk Lead, the Lead Desktop Engineers primary duties include building advanced solutions for the Desktop Operating System, leading and developing a software deployment solution for computers and mobile devices and account administration automation solutions.
This position requires a deep understanding of desktop automation, mobile device systems management, bulk account administration and Microsoft collaboration tools. The lead also will assist in developing desktop standards, researching competitive products, documenting solutions and educating team members within the same team. The candidate will lead small projects and may lead external team members as needed.
- Responsible for implementing an automated solution for deploying and updating Windows and Mac based computers; from identifying and recommending solutions, developing and deploying solution, maintaining and documenting solution.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining PC/MAC and mobile device related policies
- Lead the development and ongoing maintenance of the mobile device management solution for maintaining corporate and personally owned devices.
- Package software for mass deployment
- Maintain the Microsoft Patching Lifecyle, including deployment and reporting.
- Share knowledge, train and mentor desktop support personnel
- As needed, provides escalated level of support
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to conduct research into technological comparisons, investigating complicated issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Generally has 5+ years of experience in engineering and supporting Mac computer deployments, or other directly related experience
- 5+ years Microsoft Windows patch management, WSUS, etc.
- 5+ years' experience in Mobile Device Management, such as MaaS360, Airwatch or MobileIron
- 5+ years' experience in USMT and Operating System deployment tools
- 5+ years' experience in troubleshooting and working with Office 365, and MS Office Pro
- 5+ years' experience in troubleshooting and working with full disk encryption
- 3+ years' experience in scripting with Powershell, WSH, VB, batch, etc.
- Desktop virtualization experience a plus.
- Demonstrated administrative level experience with Active Directory (AD), DFS, DNS, GPO, VPN, Antivirus products and desktop Firewall and encryption.
WHO WE ARE:
Transforming Patients Lives. Spark Therapeutics is a pioneering gene therapy leader transforming the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. We are embarking on our goal to deliver the first approved gene therapy product in the US for genetic blinding conditions and have a product pipeline addressing other unmet rare genetic diseases. We have an entrepreneurial culture and are looking for talented and passionate professionals who are committed and motivated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking for a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity, scientific innovation and team collaboration, you may be a great fit for our team.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.