MIL External Posting FULL-TIME Tortilla Processor -DayShift, 7am -7pm
Your Career Continues at Shearer's Snacks Millennium Plant! Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Millennium Plant in MASSILLON, OHIO is seeking team members who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment in the position ofFULL-TIME Tortilla Processor.
Summary:TheTort Processormust possess strong organizational skills, leadership skills and the ability to interact with both management and co-workers. Dedication, dependability, and willingness to learn are a must.As a Tort Processor, job duties include,butare not limited to the set up and operation of industrial food processing equipment, following precise recipes and work procedures, monitoring and adjusting processing variables and performing product quality tests and data collection.Tort Processors much also be able to react to direction from quality assurance and management personnel.
- Shift Available - Day Shift (7am 7pm); 2-2-3 Schedule
- Education High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Attendance This is a skilled position that requires the team member be reliable on a constant basis. Team members will be evaluated on a case by case basis prior to selection
- Safety Mindset- Create a safe and healthy workplace; make SSW a key priority
- Language Skills Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to team members in immediate area
- Mathematical Skills Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm in., g-oz), and use formulas to compute run rates
- LeadershipMust demonstrate Shearer's Core Values of Respect, Teamwork, and Giving Back
- Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems in common operating situations
- Troubleshooting Skills Must have ability to work through problems backwards to find root causes and address issues
- Computer Skills- Must have basic computer (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills required to run production. Verifications on computer will be done routinely throughout the day
- Time Management Must be able to follow standard work instructions
- Flexibility- Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, varied schedules, overtime and holidays when needed
- Physical Demands -The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The teammember must regularly lift and /or move up to 85+ pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 85+ pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.Team Membersmust be able to be on their feet for twelve (12+) hours, to keep upwith a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
A Few Other Benefits to Contributing as a Part of Our Team
All Shearers Snacks team members receive a competitive and comprehensive benefits package following a 90 day introduction period, including things like Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Group Life and Disability, Retirement Savings, and a commitment to wellness.
A pre-employment hair sample drug test and criminal background check are required.
EEO/DRUG FREE EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Apply now
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.