REQ# 3282- MIL FULL-TIME QA Tech - Night Shift, 7p - 7a
Your Career Begins at Shearer's Snacks! Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Millennium Plant in MASSILLON, OHIO is seeking team members who are eager to work in a challenging, fast pacedenvironment in the position ofFULL-TIME Quality Assurance Technician (QA Tech) Blue Nights, 7pm-7am 2-2-3 Shift Schedule
Summary:The Quality Assurance Technician assures that analytical, microbiological, sensory attributes and corporate compliances are completed in order to meet the quality standards defined by Shearers Snacks and its customers.They are responsible for performingassigned laboratory testing and assuring that equipment is calibrated and running properly. They also monitor the facility operation to ensure compliance with corporate quality requirements, SQF, labeling, GMPs, food safety, and all other such standards of the plant. The Quality Assurance technicians work with the production team to assure that all proper checks are in place and communicate on a regular basis regarding quality results. Additional duties include training and preparing for audits, documenting results in record keeping database and other duties as assigned.This position reports to the Quality Supervisor.
- Shift Available:BLUE NIGHTS,7pm 7am, 2-2-3 Shift Schedule
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following.
- Education High School Diploma or GED equivalent, College is preferable but not necessary.
- Attendance Good attendance is a must for the QA Tech. This is a skilled position that requires the associate be reliable on a constant basis. Associates will be evaluated on a case by case basis prior to selection.
- Safety Mindset Create a safety and health workplace; make SSW a priority.
- Language Skills Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to team members in their immediate area.
- Mathematical Skills Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm in., g-oz), and use formulas to compute run rates
- Leadership The QA Technician will be an example for the line, as such they will need to be honest, dependable, punctual, and trustworthy and follow all policies/procedures set forth by Shearers Foods LLC.The QA Technician must have the ability to work well with others.Must demonstrate Shearer's North Star Core Values of Respect, Teamwork, and Giving Back.
- Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems in common operating situations.
- Computer Skills- Must have basic computer (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills required to run production. Verifications on computer will be done routinely throughout the day.
- Time Management Must be able to follow standard work instructions
- Flexibility:Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, holidays and overtimewhen needed.
- Physical Demands:The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 50+ pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.Team Membersmust be able to be on their feet for twelve (12+) hours, to keep upwith a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
A Few Other Benefits to Contributing as a Part of Our Team
All Shearers Snacks team members receive a competitive and comprehensive benefits package following a 90 day introduction period, including things like medical, prescription, dental, vision, group life and disability, 401(k) and company match, and a commitment to wellness.
A Little More About Us
Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Based in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's operates eleven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas, Virginia and Canada and received the snack food industry's highest sustainability award for environmental responsibility.
EEO/DRUG FREE EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protectedveteran status. Apply now
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.