See all jobs in Los Angeles CA
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Enhanced Staffing is seeking an Engineer Level II for ongoing infrastructure projects that require a Civil engineering background.
The ideal candidate will perform engineering assignments in project management, construction management, material engineering and material testing for transportation and other infrastructure projects; must possess a solid grasp of fundamental engineering principles and exercise sound technical judgment. Under the supervision of a Professional Engineer, this position will require solving problems of low to medium difficulties. The responsibilities will include: working with internal and external parties to plan, develop and execute engineer projects, filing, research, preparing project estimates or other reports to assess accuracy and conformance; and other duties as assigned. Results are subject to review.
Some travel may be required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Preparing calculations, technical reports, estimates and proposals for review and approval by a licensed Professional Engineer
- Develop technical writing assignments
- Establish computer-based queries to analyze reported data
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and delivering database evaluation reports at all levels from executive summaries to detailed performance reports
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget
- Attend project meetings or facilitate meetings
- Ability present in public or to assist with public presentations
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Effective written, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team involving staff, clients and outside agencies
- Collaborative approach; willingness to work as part of a team and to assist others in their work
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and AutoCAD
- Strong problem-solving skills, including identifying data quality issues
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize activities and work with limited supervision
- Detail minded
- Results oriented and able to complete tasks on deadline with little supervision
- Ability to make good decisions using sound, professional judgment
- E.I.T. Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) or intent to become a professional engineer
- B.S. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering Required
- Valid Drivers License Required
- 1-3 years of professional relevant experience required; a Masters Degree in Engineering will be considered as one year
- Experience working with a public agency preferable
- Field experience on a construction site preferable
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.