Job Location: Col, SC
Magnificent Renewable Energy Systems Engineer
Welcome to a new, refreshing way to work and live because you are probably the purpose-driven candidate who thrives at the idea of a newly developed role, where you make it your own, and have an all-encompassing set of resources coupled with a management team that has rock solid stability.
For nearly 70 years, our client, which is still locally-owned and operated, has had a passion for branding of its partners and provides diverse signage manufacturing options to catapult corporate conversion programs, rebranding, storefront, custom signage and much more. In the last year, our client has started a solar-wind-storage renewable hybrid power systems process for various off-grid and grid-tied applications.
With over 130,000 square feet of space and using streamlined techniques, our client not only has the depth and breadth of seasoned, elite staff for planning, surveying and assessing their customer sites before implementation, they also have the in-house team to develop and manufacture signage using the best vinyl graphics, fabricating resources and LED lighting in the market.
Benefits and Features:
- Health, Life Insurance (25K Policy), LTD, 401K with matching andgenerous vacation/sick leave package.
- 85K-125Kannually based on experience, education and skills. Discretionary bonuses.
- A newly developed add-value position as the operations has expanded.
- In its South Carolina operations, they would consider themselves a small organization that does not have a strong corporate or bureaucratic feel.
Your role with the Company:
This position is responsible for leading all engineering activities associated with design, deployment, and control of the clients Solar-Wind-Storage Hybrid Renewable Power Systems.
Specific Daily Goals Include:
- Take the estimated hours from the ERP system once an order opens and then schedule Resources based on capacity. After which, this information goes to the Production Manager for tracking.
- Define optimal applications and location for hybrid systems
- Lead Photometric design activities related to lighting applications
- Interact where necessary with electric utility personal to manage interconnection of grid-tied power systems
- Lead the development of all scope and cost detail for ongoing sales opportunities
- Support sales and marketing organizations to promote and sell hybrid power system technology
- Direct experience designing and deploying renewable power systems, preferably in hybrid applications
- Familiarity and direct experience with various software applications to model and optimize hybrid renewable power systems
- Define and manage control philosophy of the various system applications and support vendor selection and management of control technologies and components
- Knowledge of technological advances and direction to adapt the most advanced components available in the market, particularly solar panels and batteries.
- Knowledge of engineering design and infrastructure schemes necessary to deploy hybrid renewable systems in both off-grid and on-grid applications
- Knowledge of photometric calculations for design and layout of lighting systems is a plus
- Minimum BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Solidworks experience a plus
For those who prefer an urban setting - Columbia is the capital and second largest city of the U.S. state of South Carolina, with a population estimate of 134,309 as of 2016. The city is the center of a metropolitan statistical area of 767,598. Columbia is home to the main campus of the University of South Carolina - The University has 350 degree programs and enrolls more than 27,500 students throughout 15 degree-granting colleges and schools. There are rivers and Lake Murray is a short distance from downtown but also you have local breweries, minor league baseball, arts and thriving districts including The Vista, Main Street and Five Points, as well.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.