Job Location: Mission, KS
Job Type: Direct Year(s) Exp: 5 - 20 Fee:17.5% Salary: $75000 - 120,000 Pay Rate: $0.00 - $0.00 Bill Rate: $0.00 - $0.00 Full Benefits: Yes Interview Exp: yes Relo Exp: yes Guarantee: 50 day guarantee prorated at 1/ 50th per day
Location: Kansas City, MOMap |
Skills, Industries & Disciplines
BLDG-MTL, CNST-A&E, CNST-CIV, CNST-HVY, CNST-INS, CNST-LGT
Disciplines 50-05 Electrical Engineer 50-10 Construction Inspection 50-15 Estimators 50-20 Project Management/Planners 50-80 Mgr,Supervisor,Director,Exec
Job Description Come be a part of a true team! Leading firm in the construction industry is searching for a Electrical Engineer to work in the Commercial Construction group. As a diversified construction company who offers general contracting, construction management, and design-build solutions, the business has a strong focus on quality and customer service for its many clients that span various industries. The company also takes a keen approach to its employees, offering challenging, yet rewarding work, as well as a strong professional development plan. If the construction industry excites you and you are eager to learn and grow and are an experienced leader, this is the place and role for you.
The Electrical Construction Engineer acts as a key leader for the management, coordination and delivery of project related pre-construction services. This individual will establish and maintain effective client relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Accountable for delivery of all pre-construction related services for assigned projects.
- Responsible to effectively lead and manage any assigned personnel, to include professional development of staff, in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Developmaterial to support business acquisition efforts.
- Assist with development of Win strategy for highly complex projects.
- Supportthe project selection (go/no go) process.
- Developcost models/estimates at all stages of document completeness from conceptual through Construction Documents with attendant variance reports from previous estimates.
- Assureclarifications and commercial terms are properly addressed and in alignment with the cost estimate and project risk profile.
- Performvalue analysis and constructibility reviews.
- Assist with development of a pre-construction schedule and assistwith creation of the construction phase schedule.
- Establishand maintainan extensive network of subcontractors, vendors and Architect/ Engineering firms.
- Establishbidder outreach programs and assistwith bidder pre-qualification.
- Provideclear scopes of work to all bidders and leads the development of bid packages.
- Assistwith evaluation of subcontractor proposals in preparation of subcontracts.
- Establishand maintainbenchmarking tools for historical data.
- Assist with transition meetings between the project operations team and the pre-construction team and help coordinatethe follow-up meetings.
- Modeland reinforcesafety as a top priority of the organization. Always wears a hard hat and other appropriate personal protective equipment in the field.
- Practicethe AQM philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Ensureclient satisfaction, both internally and externally, through positive, pleasant, professional,and efficient handling of issues.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electrical, Construction Management or related technical field.
- 5 plusyears of related experience in commercial construction field, in particular vertical construction;such as in plant manufacturing and greenfield, etc.
- Minimum of 3year of field experience.
- Extensive estimation experience.
- Management and leadership of personnel.
- Skilled at assessing typical construction risks and preparation of proposed contingency approaches with associated General Condition provisions.
- Able to read, analyze,and interpretthe most complex documents.
- Ability to respondeffectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Strong presentation skills to makeeffective and persuasive speeches and presentations to clients.
- Efficient comprehensionand application ofprinciples of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory.
- Ability to defineproblems, collectdata, establishfacts, and drawvalid conclusions.
- Interpretan extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deals with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Applyprinciples of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual or practical problems.
Recruiter to Recruiter Comments
This Engineer needs to be methodical, smart, aggressive, and professional -- all traits of the company itself as well as the people he looks for. Here are the things right off the bat he looks at:
a. Looking for folks who have 5-20 years experience who can come onboard, be groomed, and be part of the company for many future years
b. Years of relevant experience
c. No job hoppers -- he considers this like 4 or 5 years or less as too short
d. Future goals
e. Total compensation package needs
f. Geographical needs They have offices in lots of locations, but if they want to move up the food chain they should be in Kansas City. Also, relocation packages are an option. As such, cast a wide net -- important to find the right people, then we can work out location. However, he does not believe in working from home -- have to be in an office.
They have to be smart (they dont need the smartest folks or the top 5%, but the top 30% who are motivated and hardworking and fit the culture), aggressive, competitive, people who make things happen, overachievers, and just good folks who work hard and want to move up in the business. They have to love construction and want to move up at the company.
Here are some of things denoted that the company and can offer as selling points:
c. Culture -- They are a hard-charging, hard-working, aggressive group who make things happen. For instance, there are no ping pong tables in the office! Here are some things that the culture is about and looks for:
iii. People who want to work in a team
iv. People who want to move up the chain of command
v. People who want to compete
vi. People who want to improve
viii. They have a strong focus on metrics
ix. Overachieving people who like to execute and do things
x. People who are active in industry organizations (in fact, this is pretty much a requirement!)
Job Detail Notes:
a. Field experience means boots on the ground -- not in an office!
b. All roles in estimation must have relevant industry experience and have been in the estimation game, not just operations!
c. All roles for pre-construction must have the same as an estimator PLUS client-facing skills.
d. General contractors are generally good at client-facing, but not at industry experience or estimating best to find a specific sub-contractor in that particular industry if needed.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.