See all jobs in Plymouth MN
Job Location: Plymouth, MN
Production Support EngineerOur Plymouth, MN-based company is growing rapidly. This leading-edge innovative enterprise software development company is exploding onto the national stage, providing credit unions with the means toharness the value of their data through integration and predictive analytics. This deeper understanding of data allows them to discover vital trends in member behavior, resulting in improved financial performance, reduced risk, and enriched relationships with members. This is a great growth opportunity. Come join excitement, come join the team!!
Were seeking a Production Support Engineer to assist with the following:
- Maintainscheduling systems and new/improved work procedures for the processing environment
- Monitorthe applications, systems and hardware inprocessing environment for abnormal processing conditions
- Researchand resolveuser problems as well as issueswith software systems, operations processes, andprocessing environments
- Usemanuals, check listsand other tools toaid in solving problems
- Contactothersfor ideas about resolvingthe problem
- Contributeto the body of knowledge by adding solutions and other informationuseful to others
- Followescalation procedures, when appropriate, to resolve processing and user problemsin a timely manner and meet service levels expected
- Coordinatetesting of applications, systems, processes and procedures, hardware and/or software changes
- Analyzes and implements changes or additions to software systems and operations procedures.
- Traininternal customers (employees) on changes, new systems and/or new procedures
- May identify new tools, technology, or processes that improve the overall processing environment or processing efficiency.
- Assistin the definition of external and internal customer problems and needs
- Discussexpectations with customers
- Explain solutions directly to customers where appropriate
- Maintainoperations support disaster recovery/business continuity plans forassigned processing environments
- Coordinateand conductdisaster recovery testing as required, documenttest results, and documentmodifications required for future testing
- Completeproject assignments and special projects
A high school diploma or GED is required for this role. A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is preferred.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Location: Plymouth, MN
- Four (4) or more years of production/operations support or computer operations experience required
- Windows Server/ Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Experience working in virtual environments
- Knowledge of company software productsKnowledge of open systems operating systems
- Ability to effectively use production control tools and resources for mainframe and/or open system processing environments
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to explaintechnical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in gathering and sharinginformation, technical data, and/or industry knowledge andideas with others
This is a fulltime, exempt-level temp-to-hire position with a market competitive pay rate. It is planned to be converted to a regular full time salaried position in 2018. Full benefits and required insurances will be available to the candidate(s) selected throughout their employment.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.