See all jobs in Mulberry FL
Job Location: Mulberry, FL
Responsible to assist in the collection, assimilation, and analysis of financial data resulting in the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements. Assist in the preparation of financial statements and the monthly financial package. Communication with members of management and department heads regarding expense analysis and specialized reports. Assist Financial Accounting Manager in the training of new staff. Assist in yearend audit.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and the financial package.
- Prepare various other financial reports to be used by management and department heads outside of accounting.
- Prepare more complex balance sheet account reconciliations.
- More complex financial account analysis for the financial package.
- Analyze financial data to detect problems and take necessary action to correct those problems without detailed guidance.
- Monitor and manage more complex expense accruals.
- Use secondary financial programs to generate files or reports to be uploaded into Lawson.
- Prepare year end audit schedules as assigned.
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist the Financial Accounting Manager in providing training to new and existing employees in the department.
- Assist Financial Accounting Manager with other tasks and special projects as need.
- Operate in a back-up function to the Financial Accounting Manager for operating the department and managing the close process under the supervision of the Assistant Controller.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance required.
- Two to four years of experience in financial accounting and general ledger.
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to recognize research and solve problems.
- Ability to prepare account reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Accounting software package experience including general ledger and fixed assets, Lawson experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills to include advanced use of Excel.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, motivated self- starter.
COMPETITIVE PAY, 401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH, COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE, EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT, MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION, ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER, PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF, DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN, PERFORMANCE INCENTIVES
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.