See all jobs in Troy MI
Job Location: Troy, MI
Mechatronics Engineer - Machine Controls
Troy/Madison Hights. MI
Summary of theMechatronics Engineer Job:
Mechatronics Engineer needed for a Client of ours that does nearly 1 Billion in sales in 21 countries with over 1200 employees. This is a great opportunity to use your hands on skills to work with integrated systems including: mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, troubleshooting, debug and more. You will be able to work your way into being the go-to-guy for customer repairs/rollouts/troubleshooting and updates. This is an excellent opportunity for anybody who loves learning and growing in a role as much as getting their hands on the production equipment.
You will become an integral part of a local 45 person engineering team located in SE Michigan for a very successful established company with a good growth track record. You will also have a mentor to guide you thru the new learning curve using simulation tools (emulator) to teach you the equipment. This division is the top global performer on the sales per capita ratio. They also really care about life work balance.
Qualifications of the Mechatronics Engineer:
- Technical Aptitude, Associates Degree, BS preferred
- Strong Controls Aptitude
- 1 plus years of experience
- Customer and Supplier Interface Ability/People Skills
- Eager to learn new things
- Passionate about being around equipment with multiple integrated systems
- Experience with electrical systems (troubleshooting, wiring, building, designing etc.)
- Ability to trace circuits with multi-meters, validate pin-outs to print etc.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, blueprint reading,
- Able to Apply OHMS law on basic circuits and components
- Ability to identify components such as: OpAmp, Capacitor, Resistor etc.
Not required but a BIG PLUS:
- Metal removal and welding equipment background
- Programming experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens, Telemecanique, Wonderware, Panelview, DeltaV etc.
- 2-D AutoCad or similar application for electrical documentation
- Motion Control Programming, Software Programming
- Magnetics and Induction Knowledge
- High and Low Voltage Controls Programming
- Machine Electrical Design, Hydraulics Systems, Cooling Systems, Conveyors, Pick-and-Place etc.
- Building pneumatic and hydraulic systems with hose and hard lines
- Experience with systems and components such as: hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing, fittings, pipefitting, pipe bending, hydraulic hose, copper tubing.
- Experience as a machine technician/builder or similar role
- Understanding how an H-Bridge works
Compensation of the Mechatronics Engineer:
Location: Troy/Madison Hgts. MI
Relocation: No Relocation
Visa Sponsorship: NONE-US Citizens or Green Card Only
Travel: Travel up to 50% mostly short local trips (after training period)
Knowledge of the following areas may be helpful: Technician, Technologist, Mechanic, Mechatronics, integrated systems, hydraulic, electrical, troubleshooting, debug, repair, electrical systems, electrical, circuits, multi-meters, weld, programming, CAD, Motion Control, Induction, Magnetic, pneumatic, plumbing, fittings, "pipe fitting", pipe bending, hydraulic hose, copper tubing.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.